SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLCM has the functionality to assign mass personal substitutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a problem about the assigning personal substitutes.As you know, in Attendance Tracking Service you can assign personal substitutes just for your user(Tcode: PIQ_MAINT_SUBSTITUTE). Is there any functionality like this in Appraisal Self Service? I mean, through the assigning substitutes you can give grade for another person, is it possible?

There is an another problem with the assigning personal substitutes, you assign personal substitutes just to one user (person), who logged in, this is not useful. My requirement is, that each academic has at least one substitute, and this usually is changeable,because of this, is there any screen(tcode) to assign substitutes to multiple persons(users) for Attendance Tracking Service and if possible Appraisal Self Service??

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ayse S.

3 REPLIES 3

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ayse S,

Please look at the IMG entries for appraisals. You can find Badi's that can help you to determine the correct appraiser:

Implement BADIs (Optional) which are available in IMG: Student Lifecycle Management>Student Lifecycle Management Processes>Appraisal>Define Add-Ins for Appraisal Self-Service:

- HRPIQ00AGR_US_APPSER: Determine Appraiser from User

- HRPIQ00AGR_COMAPPOBJ: Assign Appraisal Type to Appraiser

- HRPIQ00AGR_PERIOD: Determine Academic Session for Appraiser

- HRPIQ00AGR_APPOB: Additional Information for Academic Offerings

In regards to the self-service; I would advise to create multiple relations (is appraised by) in relation to extra persons that can appraise the related module. This is not the same as the substitution functionality but can be used as a workaround.

For the attendance tracking; please look at the Badi if it can fullfill your requirements; BAdI: Substitution Deriviation for Attendance. Plus the standard functionality allows you to register multiple substitution via the mentioned transaction (PIQ_MAINT_SUBSTITUTE).

Best regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer, but i didn't mean to assign the multiple substitutes to user. I mean, there is any screen or program to assign the multiple substitutes to many users not just to an user.

Tcode: PIQ_MAINT_SUBSTITUTE is to be able to assign multiple substitutes just to an user, not many users. I need all the time the passwords of the instructors to assign the substitute to them. It is a problem because the instructor's R/3 user password is always same with own portal user, and it is always changeable. Do you have any idea about the mass assigning personal substitutes?

In Appraisal Self Service, I think that there is no substitute's functonality.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ayse

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ayse,

Looking at your requirements would it possible to make sure your substitutes have an own portal logon/SAP user (+ a username registered at 0105 (0001) (trx PA30)? The person who gives the subsitutes should have SAP all/new. Otherwise I do not see any issue here?

The appraisal self-services does not have an own trx/functionality to assign a substitute. Therefore I would suggest to use the extra SM-P relationship of 'is appraised by'. Here also you need to make sure an appraiser has a username registered at infotype 0105 (0001) (trx PA30) and a portal user.

Best regards,

Rob