Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24 proposals and defaults for ABAP webdynpros

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am keen to hear from forum members on the best approach for adding SU24 proposals / defaults to custom and/or SAP standard ABAP webdynpros ? I have seen 3 options used:

1. manually inserted auth objects i.e. don't rely on SU24

2. use dummy Z t-codes to propose auth objects via SU24

3. generate a hash table entry for the webdynpro (function module AUTH_TRACE_WRITE_USOBHASH) so that it can then be found as a TADIR service in SU24 and auth objects added

Does anyone know the SAP recommendation for this ?

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is 4th option. Activate temporally parameter auth/authorization_trace and run all you web dynpro applications. This will create a record for each authorization check performed in you application in transaction SU22. Then maintain default values and move them to SU24. It's better than using AUTH_TRACE_WRITE_USOBHASH because you don't need to enter manually all related authorization objects.

Option 1 - really bad option

Option 2 - this was my first workaround until I found FM AUTH_TRACE_WRITE_USOBHASH

Option 2 - this was my second workaround until I learned about auth/authorization_trace. BTW my assumption is that kernel directly calls FM AUTH_TRACE_WRITE_USOBHASH which is reason why I couldn't find any usage of this FM.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thankyou for the 4th option. With increasing use of WDA I wonder whether SAP have a plan to make the integration into role builds simpler going forward - it has proved very hard to get an answer on this. Meantime its option 3 & 4 for me.

Cheers