cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While working with NWDS I am trying to deploy some application but I am getting the following error -

Oct 3, 2010 11:47:10 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[014]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

For this I have checked SDM settings in -

1. SAP MMC .. and found SDM is appearing GREEN and working fine.

2. NWDS->Window -> Preferences -> J2EE Engine and there also SAP J2EE ENGINE for LOCAL HOST is configured perfectly.

3. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Here also localhost is configured properly with its default IP address.

Am not getting why this SDM error is coming while everything is configured properly. Can anyone help on this. I read lots of SDM related threads on SDN also.. but they are not sufficient to answer this challenging situation.

Thanks,

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

I faced the same problem while deploying an web dynpro application.

This is the solution which worked for me:

1) Delete the existing application for a web dynpro component.

2) Create a new one with new name.

3) Build Deploy

Otherwise, restart your server and then try again

Regards,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Radhika,

Thanks for input. You Suggested -

1. Creation of new application and redeploy -> not worked.. same problem.

2. Restart the server ->already done many times.. even restarted the system many time since yesterday.. same problem is coming.

Thanks,

Roshan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys, for so help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Inspite of keeping the J2EE engine - There are two options (radio buttons) select the second option "SAP J2EE Engine installed on the Local Host" and then select Browse

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks for you input but in my initial question, I have already mentioned that - both radiobutton with J2EE Engine setting is properly configured and I tried using both way. There is nothing remaining to do in J2EE setting in NWDS -> Preferences -> J2EE Engine.

Thanks,

Roshan

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

in NWDS go to windows > show view> others --> J2EE --> J2EE Engine.

then in the view tab check the status of J2EE engine. IS it green and running.

Thanks

Sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarabjeet,

Not its not green coming there. I have configured the settings from taking the data from System Information from Portal Admin page. Also for second option under NWDS-> Preferences->J2EE Engine - SAP LOCAL J2EE ENGINE is configured from BROWSING the option. Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Roshan

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is not coming green means either you are not able to access the system or your server is not running.

Check the host name and message port number given in the details for accessing the J2EE engine.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

can you attempt to use hostname or IP instead of localhost?

Please also ensure you have specified the correct message server port. You can figure it out from the main page of the J2EE engine (http://<host>:<port>/index.html), check the System Information link there.

Are you also sure that the SDM is properly up and running? You can just use the standalone SAPMMC console which is usually available on your windows desktop.

Best Regards,

Ervin