cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While working with NWDS I am trying to deploy some application but I am getting the following error -

Oct 3, 2010 11:47:10 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[014]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

For this I have checked SDM settings in -

1. SAP MMC .. and found SDM is appearing GREEN and working fine.

2. NWDS->Window -> Preferences -> J2EE Engine and there also SAP J2EE ENGINE for LOCAL HOST is configured perfectly.

3. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Here also localhost is configured properly with its default IP address.

Am not getting why this SDM error is coming while everything is configured properly. Can anyone help on this.

Thanks,

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

same as

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohaan,

Can you please try the following things ( to update SDM host related info) in NWDS :-

In NWDS, click on Window -> Prefrences -> select SAP J2EE Engine -> there put the remote host details i.e. provide Message Server Host and Message Server Port number.

It should solve this issue.

Still if you face errors then check \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\log location for sdmgui<date>.log file and provide the details errors. Also check if SDM instance is running there.

Regards,

Shivaji

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Roshan,

Can you please check the name of the server and the port of the message server? Please, be sure you are connecting to the correct engine.

Have you checked if you are able to start SDM tool (...\SDM\RemoteGui.bat)?

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

Thanks for input. I have confirmed the Server name and port number from System Information from Portal Admin page. Its correct. Also I am able to start the startSDM.bat and also RemoteGUI.bat. But still not able to connect with SDM and not able to deploy.

Thanks,

Roshan