cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache Crashed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

My Production system Live cache has been crashed. I am trying to restore the last backup which was taken yesterday night 8:00pm. I am able to restore the Live Cache however unable to restore the logs to recover PIT, as it is complaining about log sequence. I am not sure about finding the sequence number it is asking for.

Crash happened today morning 7:00am. Backup restored last night 8pm and trying to do point in time recovery. Backup has been restored and trying to apply logs.

Note;- log backup is for every 2 hours, so after the complete backup last night, we have log backup's for every 2 hours and trying to apply the same.

Kindly suggest what can be done..

Thanks,

Sravanthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My Production system Live cache has been crashed. I am trying to restore the last backup which was taken yesterday night 8:00pm. I

Any reason for that?

[...]

> Kindly suggest what can be done..

STOP IT!

Leave PANIC MODE right now!

Open a support message, have support check what actually is wrong with the liveCache and decide together with them how the system can be brought up again.

(Why does everybody seems to believe that recovery is the right response to any kind of issues with databases?)

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crashed due to hardware failure. Is there we can reset the logs for Live Cache like oracle logs.

alter database open resetlogs;

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have questions how to solve the liveCache issues on the PROD system

=>

As already recommended Lars, please open the SAP message to the component BC-DB-LVC to get SAP support.

It will be helpful to know the SCM/APO version, liveCache version and more details about the liveCache crash.

In case you had the liveCache crash due the hardware problems, and the data or log volumes or liveCache configuration files are corrupted

=>

• solve the hardware issues first or use another server

• Follow the SAP note to create the liveCache instance:

457425 Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

You need to create/initialize the liveCache instance for restore or run the Restore with initialization, restore the successful databackup, then leave the liveCache in admin status and continue the restore of the incremental databackup/logbackups in sequence if needed.

*More information could be found in the SAP notes:

1377148 FAQ: SAP MaxDB backup/recovery

869267 FAQ: SAP MaxDB LOG area

820824 FAQ: SAP MaxDB/liveCache technology

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina