cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configtool not able to connect database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have changed maxthread property 70 t0 250 in threadmanager of j2ee cinfigtool.now i am not able to connect database . i have seen securestore only. please help me i how to resolve this problem.

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Normally, connection issue to from configtool to DB is caused by either the user(DB level) is locked due to too many

failed attempt.

As you mentioned, you can see the "secure store", please check which user "jdbc/pool/<SID>/User" is be is being set to,

normally it should be SAP<SID>DB, and the correct password for this user should set for "jdbc/pool/<SID>/password".

Such user is a DB user, you must verify that it can login the DB directly with DB client tool.

If there is no problem with this user, you can just try to restart the J2ee engine, and then check the following log files for more

details:

/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work/dev_bootstrap.

/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work/std_bootstrap.

/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work/jvm_bootstrap.

Best Regards

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please show the error message you see? You can also try to have a look a this note and see if it helps:

SAP note 1508907 - Config Tool fails to connect to the database

Regards,

Jonas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Changing the threadcount in threadmanager should not have anything to do with configtool failing to connect to DB. You can check the configtool.log and system.log in the configtool directory to figure out the exact exception.

Also, you don't need 250 as the maxthreadcount in threadmanager. Threadmanager represents system threads. You don't need so many system threads configured. I think, you meant to change it in the applicationthreadmanager which is where the most threads are required depending on the type of applications you are running.

Best Regards,

Snehal/ SAP - Palo Alto.

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

What is the error that appear when you cannot connect to configtool? I would need to know the confiigtool error log.

Have you checked that the database is running?

Regards,

Blanca