cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sxms_alertrules display only!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - we've been maintaining alert rules in production and want to continue to do so. Today I went into sxms_alertrules to create some new rules and I am not able to - nor am I able to maintaimn existing rules.

I have the SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR role. I've run SU53 and its not showing any auth failures.

Any ideas what the problem can be?

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

if you used to do that in the past- then it would be good to see if some of your authorizations in the system are changed. check this in SUIM->change documents. Or some change happened in your PI system as such like upgrades?

also might be an issue with your internet browser as well(if you are doing it from RWB). try with a different browser in a different machine.

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - thanks for the feedback but sorry this doesn't answer the question.

Francis - we used to be able to edit rules from rwb->alert configuration but we can not do this anymore. Thsi is the problem.

Sushama - we created the alert categories a long time back. We have no need to change these. It is the alert rules we need to change.

Hareenkumar - thanks for the link but we already know how to configure alerts. We have them configured in our system and they are working fine. The problem is I cannot now add new alert rules.

can someone help with this? we specifically need to know why our alert rules are no longer maintainable.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Alert clasification and configuration need to done in ALRTCATDEF and RWB.

Check the below link:

http://saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC1.htm

Check whether you have authorization for the transaction "ALRTCATDEF", if not then ask your BASIS team

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Are you creating Alerts by ALRTCATDEF for message failure in moni?

If you want to add recipients by role..in ALRTCATEF .there's one option where you can add receipients by role.

Regards,

Sushama

Edited by: sushama pandey on Oct 4, 2010 3:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to create or edit alert rules from PI RuntimeWorkbench(RWB)->Alert Configuration?

regards,

francis