cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Handle MDN in PI 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to seeburger concepts. Hence request you all, the below.

Initially we have PI7.0 system. In EDI inbound scenarios (where PI delivers the EDI file to third party systems) using seeburger AS2, we request the MDN in synchronous mode. We were able to receive the MDN without any additional communication channels configured.

Recently we moved to PI 7.1. Here also, we request the MDN in synchronous mode itself, but we encounter a problem. We were not able to receive the MDN as in above explained manner. As a solution, AS2 sender channel is created in the party with Message Subject left blank.

Kindly explain the below.

1. What made the problem?

2. Why the creation of an AS2 sender channel to pull MDN is a solution if the MDN is requested in synchronous mode?

3. As per our scenarios, we are not handling MDN. I mean, Handle Received MDN is set to No Action in the receiver A2 channel that delivers the EDI file to third party system. If we want to handle or process this MDN, kindly tell me what are the possible ways and how to do it.

Regards,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Seeburger Adapters include a "DT-Report" structure that can be used with several adapter types, which means that incoming reports ( like MDN fro AS2 or Transmission Reports in VAN connections) can be forwarded to PI in this special DT-Report format.

Then you can setup a ReceiverDetermination where you can check the content of a "status" field for information like "success" or "failure" and have some proactive monitoring on that level.

You can ignore all "success" reports and make sure that you create Alerts or Emails or anything else if a report is received which does indicate an unsuccessful transmission.

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For  PI 7.0, if we request MDN mode synchrous in communication channel that will not result in any issue or error. But the issue comes when you are using PI 7.1x & Seeburger 2.1x. this will result in adapter failure in RWB

If you want to process MDN in PI 7.1, you need to create a sender AS2 communication channel with protocol as reports and a sender agreement for that communication channel.

Regards,

sagarika