cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view the content in SAPINST screen ( Blank screen)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Could you please help me for the following:

My OS version:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)

VERSION = 11

PATCHLEVEL = 0

I am trying to Install Netweaver CE7.2 with oracle DB.

When i execute sapinst from master DVD, I could able to open sapinst, but unable to see the content inside

It is blank white screen. I am using the software Mobaxterm for GUI display.

Do anybody use Modaxterm for this purpose, If not Could you please guide me how to open SAPINST screen using xmanager software

i am unable to use xmanager software because variable DISPLAY is not working.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Purna,

Try to proceed as follows.

Actiavate the Xmanager Passive from Start --> Programs.

Set the display variable using setenv or export as mentioned below

setenv DISPLAY <Local manchine/PC's IP Address>:0.0
or 
export DISPLAY=<Local manchine/PC's IP Address>:0.0

Execute xclock from the command prompt/linux terminal window.

If u could see the xclock window then u r All Set to Go

NB: Make sure that u haev installed the correct JDK version. This may also a reason for the blank SAPINST screen.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help, Problem is due to Graphical software only, downloaded xmanager and connected putty with X11 enabling option. It works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one know a solution for xming? It is free but it does not work so far.

I am logging on as root and my installation files are not corrupted. They work with a test version of x-win32 but they show a blank window with xming. I downloaded the fonts and installed them but still I am getting a blank window. Resizing the window does not help. No fields to input any data are visible. I am using X11 forwarding with putty and installing with Windows 7.

Thank you.

Jean

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres 2 reason I know for a blank SAPINST screen, the 1st one is a corrupt Installation master, the 2nd one a problem with permissions. Are you logged on as root?

If it was a problem with the Xserver it wouldn't show even the blank screen.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amber,

I did not try hummingbird as it is a licensed one and did not procure in our organization, wanted to try

using XMANAGER

Dear Varadhu,

I tried to give those commands, but could not open the xclock, do i need to set any otherway for xclock?

Do i need to open any special ports such as 177 etc?

I did not download any JDK because installation master DVD will take care of SAPJVM as per the installation guide

Dear Juan

Not sure about the corrupted installation master DVD, do i need to down load again [ i downloaded to local pc and copied using winscp to linux]

I have given full permissions to master DVD,not sure if it is the issue also.

This is fresh box , SUSE linux 11 OS installed by linux admin and given to me for SAP installation

what i understood from the SAPINST screen is, data is being masked by white screen, If i randomly click on

any option it is working at background.

Please help me..

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Purna,

I don't think there is a special port for xmanager. Make sure that u have started the xmanager passive xervice before setting the DISPLAY variable.

If u satisfy the afore said two conditions, then there shoouldnt be any issues in opening the xclock. Check once again and let us know if u still face the same issues.

I guess installing the latest JRE in ur local machine may fix the issue.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varadhu,

I just glanced the sap note 1310037(SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11: Installation notes)

In the known installation issue, it is mentioned the following related to hummingbird

Hummingbird Exceed

Problem: You may encounter problems during an installation of NetWeaver when using Hummingbird Exceed version 10.0.0.0 or smaller. After starting the SAP installer "sapinst", the installation window will not appear, however the installation process will not terminate.

Solution: Upgrade to Exceed to version 10.0.0.15 or later.

Though i am not using hummingbird, problem seems same, i have to check with xmanager tomorrow and let you know the result.

I did not install any JRE

because netweaver 7.2 master DVD will takecare of that, following below is the info i found from technical guide

-

SAP Java Virtual Machine (SAP JVM)

You no longer have to download and install a Java Development Kit (JDK) from another software vendor as a prerequisite for the installation with SAPinst.

The SAP JVM is a Java Development Kit (JDK) provided and supported by SAP. SAP JVM is fully compliant with the Java Standard Edition 5. It is available on the Installation Master DVD and is installed automatically by SAPinst when you start the installation.

-

Let me know your comments, as juan correctly mentioned i may have to download and copy it into linux if no option works for me.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Juan said , Did you login as ROOT.

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had that problem when use the free Xming server. The work-around was that resize of the window forced a refresh, then I could see the content. That got annoying pretty quickly, and I've since gone back to Exceed.

Regards,

Sean

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Purna, Did you tried hummingbird xceed ?

Regards, Amber S