cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in installation of solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Alles.

When I double clicked on sapinst.exe for installing solution manager,the error jumped out as below:

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : true

command : "C:\Programme\Java\j2re1.4.2_12/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/1/sapinst_exe.3328.1153124913\jar\instgui.jar;C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/1/sapinst_exe.3328.1153124913\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

load resource pool D:\SAPSManager\D51031659\IM_WINDOWS_I386\resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host ERP01, port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host ERP01, port 21200 to continue with the installation

Could some one can give me the help.Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Sabita

Thanks for your help.it seems ok when I run the sapinst.exe. but after I selected central instance and continue running,the error jumped out:

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : true

command : "C:\Programme\Java\j2re1.4.2_12/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/1/sapinst_exe.204.1153398944\jar\instgui.jar;C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/1/sapinst_exe.204.1153398944\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

load resource pool D:\SAPSManager\D51031659\IM_WINDOWS_I386\resourcepool.xml

guiengine: login in process.

ERROR 2006-07-20 14:36:29

An attempt to write to socket 1772 failed; reason: .

Exit status of child: 1

How to solove it? need all your helps. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

The log says that sapinsthost=localhost that means that the host file doesn't contain server name(ERP01) & ip.

Recheck it and try again. I assume that you have fulfilled all prerequisites like java installation.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Sabita

I recheck as you said. I added '

192.168.1.15 ERP01' at the end of file' hotst'.

Is it necessary to add '#' after the IP and hostname?

Java and JDK has been installed with version 1.4.2_12

Need your more suggestions.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its going to be something like

#127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.1.15 ERP01

in your case. Did you logged into the system as Local administrator or do you have admin rights in the system? Also check the enviornment variables , disk space etc

Thanks

Pricne Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.prince

I did as you said.but the error still jumped out.I logged as local administrator.the evironment variable 'java_home' is ok. need your more suggestions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW,the server is in the domain. the domain is 'development.com'.Is it the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the IP,there are DNS server'192.168.1.11' and alternative DNS server'192.168.1.12'.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation on domain is diff from Local installations .. Pls check the installation document , You need to be a domain administrator or your domain id should be in local admin grop and you need to create sidadm,aspservice<sid> manuely etc .. check the document

thanks

prince

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Sabita

As you said that the server is fixed IP and I changed to automaic.but the problem is the same.BTW, I logon on the server as local administrator with network.Is that OK? Thanks for your hints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Benu,

I think I wrote in a confusing manner. What I was trying to say that it reads only an static IP address during installation.So put an static ip.

Edit in windos hosts file by puting that ip address with hostname(PC name).Sometimes it is not able to read last entry so put a blank line after the entry and save it.

(Windows root dir->System32->drivers->etc->hosts)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Srivatsa

I have rebooted the server but it's still the same problem. after check the ports(DOS,netstat -a),there was not port 21200 listed. how to solve it? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benu,

Is your server on network and contains a static ip address? It may be the reason for error.

If it is not on network, try the installation after configuring loopback adapter & giving it a static ip.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Port might be in use and hence you might me getting the error message.if possible could you reboot the server and try again with the installation.

also netstat -a tells if the port is listening ot not.

Regards

Srivatsa.V