SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing FM, "Assign Controlling Area to FM Area" unavailable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the first time I implement FM. I have activated the following bussiness funtions, and I am following the IMG installation instructions.

One of the first steps is to assing a Controlling Area to a FM area, but this transaction is not available. It is not in Enterprise Structure --> Assingment --> Controlling. And when searching by transaction sapl0fmc, I get a message saying the transaction does not exist.

My cliente is already using FI and CO in production. I am doing this in Development.

The bussiness functions I activeted are the following:

FICA_EF

FICA_FM

ISHERCM_MAIN

PSCD

PSCD_SETTINGS

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance,

Paola

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM area is not assigned to controlling area, but to company code.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I have already asigned my company code to the FM area. But in the IMG implementation guide "Prepare Funds Management Installation", it clearly states in point 2:

You then assign an FM area to each company code and controlling area relevant to Funds Management.

For more information, see sections:

a) Assign Company Code to FM Area

b) Assign Controlling Area to FM Area

If I navigate to "Assign Controlling Area to FM Area, I get:

Assign controlling area to financial management area

In this activity you assign all controlling areas relevant for Funds Management to financial management areas.

I posted this question since I was not able to find the transaction necessary to assign the Controlling Area to the FM area.

So, if I want to associate a Cost element to a Commitment Item, it is not necessary to assign a controlling area to a FM area?

Thank you,

Paola

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Paola,

I'd suggest you to read carefully FM material on help.sap.com first. There is no such a thing as connecting cost element to commitment item. You can, though, connect your G/L to commitment item or use FMDEIRVE for more sophisticated logic of FM objects derivation.

I don't know what configuration guide you are referring to or what SAP release you are in. But I did some 20 FM projects, and believe me, in none of them I assigned controlling area to FM area.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thank you for your clarification. I have been reading help.sap.com, it is one of the sources of information I am using. But as this is my first time, it is not totally clear to me.

I will not insist on the assignation of the Controlling Area to the FM area, but so you know the installation guide I have been reading is in IMG --> Public Sector Management --> Funds Management Government --> Prepare Funds Management Installation.

¿Do you recommend or have a tutorial or manual for implementing FM?

Best regards,

Paola del Giorgio

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paola,

I would say that the description of this activity is inaccurate. What they actually mean is that you have to assign company code to FM area + company code to controlling area. By doing this, you will have indirect connection of FM area to controlling area (via company code).

The documentation of SAP (help.sap.com) is quite complete; you can fully rely on it while implementing FM.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i've been reading your postiings regarding this question.

but actually if you go to table TKA01 there is a field for FMA (FIKRS).

now my question is, the controlling area was created by copy. and now i've created new FM area, i've assigned to company code and i have company code assigned to controlling area. but the field in this table remains the old FM area.

do you have any idea how to update it?

thanks