Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 connection from ECC6.0 to ERP 4.7 via saprouter

tonyd418
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem where I am trying to define a RFC Connection in SM59 between an ECC6.0 (Netweaver 7.0) and a 4.7 Ext Set 1.10.

Landscape is as follows:

ECC 6.0 (NW 7.0) --> Internet --> Saprouter --> ERP 4.7 1.10 (Basis 6.40).

To connect to the ERP 4.7 system via SAPGui (over the internet) , I use the following settings:

Application Server: <server_name>.<domain><local>

System Number: 00

System ID: <SID>

SAProuter String: /H/xxx.xxxxxx.com/S/<;saprouter_port>/W/<saprouter_pwd>/H/

THIS WORKS.

So the challenge to replicate in SM59

RFC Destination Name : <RFC_DEST>

Connection Type: 3

Technical Settings

Target Host: /H/xxx.xxxxxx.com/S/<;saprouter_port>/H/<server_name>.<domain><local>/H/

System Number: 00

Logon & Security

Langage: EN

Client <client>

User <username>

Password <password>

User Name correct and double-checked

MDMP & Unicode

Communication Type with Target System

Radio Button "Non-Unicode" selected (target system is non unicode being a 4.7

Character Conversion

Radio Button "Default Setting" selected

When doing a Connection Test in SM59, I get:

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: CPIC program connection ended (read error)

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Server cloud1_EC1_00 on host cloud1 (wp 0)

Error Details COMPONENT: CPIC

Error Details COUNTER: 12

Error Details MODULE:

Error Details LINE:

Error Details RETURN CODE: 223

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Sat Oct 02 03:44:05 2010

Error Details VERSION:

Yes, the ECC 6.0 system is hosted on Amazon AWS and yes I have checked the open ports on the security groups many times.

Running NIPING on the ECC 6.0 system results in the following:

C:\Users\Administrator>niping -c -H /H/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/S/<;saprouter_port>/H/<server_name>.<domain>.local/S/sapdp00

Sat Oct 02 02:58:05 2010

connect to server o.k.

Sat Oct 02 02:58:06 2010

• ERROR => bytes_written <> bytes_read (1000, 14) [nixxtst.cpp ; 1005]

If the saprouter is not active or the routtab table does not have the right entries, the "connect to server o.k. is replaced by a saprouter message - this is how I know I am making a connection to the saprouter and the routtab has the correct entries.

It was suggested to me by a colleague that the *** ERROR => bytes_written <> bytes_read (1000, 14) [nixxtst.cpp ; 1005] was related to Unicode and that I needed a Unicode version of saprouter. Have checked forums, etc and service.sap.com/swdc I could see no mention of which versions of saprouter were "unicode enabled" and which were not. So I downloaded the latest version of SAProuter, sap securlib and sapcrypto libraries, updated SAProuter, retested the support connection with SAP support and could connect via SAP Gui using.

I cannot see what the problem is with the problem is, as I have eliminated any potential problems wiht Unicode, old versions of SAP routers, etc.

Does anyone see the problem? I would sincerely appreciate any input.

Regards

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tonyd418
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I got a friend to sort it out for me and thought it would be good for the community to know the answer.

The saprouter saproutab needs the following entry:

P * <hostname>.<domain>.local sapgw00

There was always an entry for port sapdp00, which is why it always worked via the GUI. The SM59 connection is a gateway to gateway connection, hence the need for service sapgw<instnace_no>.

Thanks to all those who replied, the time taken is sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Tony

tonyd418
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Varadharajan

Thanks for your reply.

I created a new user with SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW and entered a password in upper case. I iniitally made the user a Dialogue user, then I made it a System User - the change made no difference.

I execute the following on the source system:

C:\Users\Administrator>niping -c -H /H/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/S/3299/H/<server_name>.<domain>.

local/S/sapdp00

Mon Oct 04 00:28:48 2010

connect to server o.k.

• ERROR => bytes_written <> bytes_read (1000, 14) [nixxtst.cpp 1005]

Regards

Tony

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

the RFC user-id needs to be a COMMUNICATION user (or CPIC, for older releases).

Martin

IGNORE WHAT I JUST SAID..... Do not use Communication type users at all anymore. Use SYSTEM / SERVICE users only....

The reasoning behind this is well explained in [|]. You can also check the [Best Practice - How to analyze and secure RFC connections |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/BestPractice-HowtoanalyzeandsecureRFC+connections] wiki entry, however, it doesn't really help on debugging errors.

SAProuter String: /H/xxx.xxxxxx.com/S/<;saprouter_port>/W/<saprouter_pwd>/H/

Target Host: /H/xxx.xxxxxx.com/S/<;saprouter_port>/H/<server_name>.<domain><local>/H/

You don't appear to be specifying the saprouter password in your SM59 router string

Edited by: Martin English on Oct 6, 2010 3:33 PM

tonyd418
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Varadhu

Thanks for pointing me to the other thread, but it is not the answer. I can connect to OSS1, I have updated saprouter and have appropriate permissions in saprouttab. If I change routtab to deny access, I get the appropriate error message.

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

Try to enter the password for the RFC user in CAPS. The same issue is discussed in the [thread|;. Please have a look at the thread and revert if u still have issues.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread.

-Varadhu...