cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in ABAP do you code web service calls to publish an account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking at the following scenario.

A customers information is changed and we want to send that information to multiple systems.

(e.g. Salesforce, an internal db and say another internal application).

We have ECC 6.0 and PI 7.1

Previously I have done this using Idoc's, sent them to PI and then had multiple receivers.

I'm looking to do something along the lines of the following.

Model a Account business object. (Enterprise Service Builder)

Generate Enterprise Services.

Import WSDL definitions from various applications (which have an update method).

Generate the ABAP Proxy in ECC 6.0

Call that proxy upon for example Customer Save.

This will publish to PI and then send the Customer information to the various applications.

My question is this

What is the best way to Call the proxy.

I'm thinking I have to look for user-exits or Enhancement points and then code the calls in there which seems a bit cumbersome.

Note: I may want to re-use this methodology for different business Objects e.g. Account, Material, Contact, Equipment, Sales Order, etc.

It seems like addding these call outs, looking up all the relevant information and then calling the proxy is going to be rather tedious.

Any ideas?

I'm ideally looking for a best practice approach for sending information from SAP to multiple systems for multipe objects.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search for "Business Activity Monitoring" or "BAM" on SDN and SAP help, you can create event link to business events (like customer create) which will trigger ABAP proxy call.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)