cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE server upgrade to NW2004s SR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

During an upgrade from 2004 SP14 to NW2004s SR1 I get this error in the phase SET_PRODUCT_VERSION:

Could not lookup migration service. Possible reason the engine is not running or the Migration Service is not started.

I don't find this "Migration Service" mentioned in the upg. guide.

I apreciate any help/input!

-AD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've made chenges in bindHost but it'doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be careful with this. We had implemented the note to bind P4 only to the ip addresses for our virtual hosts. This caused the sypmtom listed above with the following additional hint in the SAPJup.TRC file:

Nov 3, 2009 10:48:33 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeCallMigrationService [

Thread[main,5,main]]: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext.

[Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instanc

es

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.xx.xx.101 and port: 52804

10.xx.xx.101 is the addres of the physical host, but P4 was bound to 10.xx.xx.109

Once we updated P4 to use the default binding to 0.0.0.0 and restarted j2ee we were able to continue.

0 Kudos

Asbjorn,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I've got the same problem and can't find anything on service.sap.com.

As you said, any help would be appreciated.

Rick Wright

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I found a solution.

It was a bindHost problem. Use visual administrator.

Look for dispatcher -> services -> P4 Provider -> bindHost

This is set to 0.0.0.0 which should allow any IP, but it doesn't. I had to specify both our servers physical IP and the cluster package's logical IP. Then it worked.

There ar some notes regarding this too:

883943, 609603, 967446

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give yourself some points for this helpful answer! (Or mark the question as answered)