cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Budget profile settings for Investment measure & Project System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I really need help on this. We are using investment measure with project systems. Several WBS are link to a investment position ID.

The current config in my system is:

Planning profile config - planning values set at controllling area curr and rate type is P (planning is done at WBS level).This is ok

Budget profile config - budget values set at controlling area curr. Availibity check (AVAC) is at controlling area currency and rate type is P

The system is live with budget data.

There is now a requirement to make budget AVAC at object currency instead of controlling area curr to better manage the AVAC. Due to exchange rate fluctuations between the object curr and the controlling area curr, we often fail in AVAC during postings. Thus the following request is to change the budget profile configuration:

1) Set AVAC at object curr (company code curr)

2) Use a new exchange rate Z instead of P (so that the budget rate is better managed. P is for quarterly planning and Z for annual planning)

I know setting the AVAC at object curr will help ease issues with AVAC. My real concern is changing the setting from controliing area curr to object curr. Will management be able to still see budget related reports in controlling area curr? Also the budget would need to be reload? In any case if a new exch rate type Z is to be used instead they would need to reload the data right?

My question as follows:

What will be the effect in terms of budgeting and reporting if:

Option 1

- In budget profile - Budget values set at controlling area curr (per current seting)

- In budget profile - set AVAC at object currency

- In budget profile - use new exch rate type Z

Option 2

- In budget profile - Budget values set at object area curr (new config change)

- In budget profile - set AVAC at object currency

- In budget profile - use new exch rate type Z

Please experts,kindly help ASAP. I am in real need to know how the system will behave with the change.

Thanks you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Object Currency in AVAC is particularly relevant if you carry out budgeting in object currency.

You need to activate the All currencies indicator for the relevant controlling area to get data updated in other currencies in parallel.

For reporting, you can get reports in any currency you want. The system translates data using latest rates.

Regards,

Harsh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and the system is asking for translation key. What does the translation key means and what rate type & exchange rates will the system to convert? I look forward to your answer. Thanks

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just press F1 on Translation key field, You will find your answer in that help document. It explains in detail with example as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your reply. I understand that standard sap budget related reports are only in controlling area currency and if i need object currency reports i may have to use a report writer to get object currency vaues. Is this true?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you press CtrlShiftF4 in budget reports, you can assign the desired currency to view the report.