Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Mass Import fais when PBW's buffer contains unconfirmed QA approval

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented QA approval. This work very well.

I have a standard transport system with DBW->QBW->PBW

QA approval as been added in QBW

I also have automated imports into QAS every 15 minutes. This also works well.

When transports are imported into QBW after automatic import, I see PBW's TMS buffer getting the transport added with a special mode telling me that it needs approval.

I then login into QBW system, use tcode STMS_QA and approve the transport.

At that point, I am able to import into PBW if I select the transports one by one.

But, when I try to do a mass-import from within STMS, I receive this information message:

Not all requests approved

If I confirm this message, I am asked normal TMS options to import, when I confirm again, I still receive the same message and I am stuck.

I reviewed SAP note 313991.

This note tells me to use SAP note 1372301 as I use TP version 7.01 with patch 372.04.88. I added parameter handling_of_inactive_transports in STMS options for systems QBW and PBW and distributed the TMS changes

unfortunately, even after adding these options, I still get the same message and I am still stuck.

Note that file TP_DOMAIN_DBW.PFL contains those lines:

QBW/HANDLING_OF_INACTIVE_TRANSPORTS = SKIP

PBW/HANDLING_OF_INACTIVE_TRANSPORTS = SKIP

Also, after searching a while, I found an unreleased note that might do the trick,... but being unreleased, I cannot view it and cannot check if it resolves my problem. This is SAP note 1465045.

I use Netweaver 7.01 SPS05 and kernel 7.01 64-bit AMD patch number 88. It runs on Windows 2003 with Oracle 10.2.0.4. This is a pure Netweaver 7.01 system used mainly as a BW system.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

While doing mass-import in PBW from within stms all those dependent request been approved from QBW. Please check and confirm.

As mentioned by you that you are approving request in QBW but it

looks like all those request are not approved.

Please check.

Regards,

Deepanshu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One hint -- Again check the Approval queue and refresh the queue then proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok....Seems strange behavior.

Check all the things again and proceed.....Update this message with the solution(once you thru).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

That's what I mentioned in above reply - Mass transport happens only for approved requests.

First make sure that you have approved all the requests (which you want to make it mass).

Regards,

Nick Loy

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand this. I have a list of transport that was approved, and some of them are not approved yet. I do not want those non-approved ones to get imported, I only want the approved ones to get imported.

I do not want to approve all transports in the queue.

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you only transport ABAP objects (not using non-abapobjects / e.g. CTS+ transports) the workaround from the note you mentioned (313991) works well, even if the setup with a dummy virtual system is a little more complicated.

Regards

Rolf

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I tried the trick from SAP note 313991. How can you approve transport from your virtual system? In which system must you run STMS_QA to approve them?

in QAS? in PRD? I obviously cannot log into my Virtual system .

Edited by: Eric Brunelle on Oct 12, 2010 3:27 PM

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Using this virtual system did not change anything regarding the approval, you still approve you requests using transaction STMS_QA (technically this transaction can be called from any system belonging to your transport landscape, so it realy does not matter).

Additional you have to setup a periodic job in you QA system running ABAP RSTMS_DIST_APPROVED_REQUESTS.

(This ABAP can only run in a QA system).

The trick here is that this ABAP is moving the approved transports to the import queue of the production system, so only approved transport are in the queue, and thereby you can run a import all without the error regarding the inactive (not approved) transports.

So you can not logon to this virtual system, as it is only a dummy system in your transport landscape that is placed between your QA system and your production system.

Hope this clarifies

Regards

Rolf

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Rolf,

I tried this Virtual system strategy.

When I run RSTMS_DIST_APPROVED_REQUESTS, I get an error:

VBW must be defined as a virtual system with communication system QBW

my STMS config is like this (domain controller is DBW):

DBW -t- QBW -d- VBW -d- PBW

Everything was distributed but I still get the error message.

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

As the error messages say, just change the communication system of the VBW system to be the QWB system.

Leave the rest of the configuration as it is.

Then it will work.

Regards

Rolf

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Rolf.

I did not know where to change "communication system". I have now found it. If someone else hits this problem, here's where I found it:

STMS

Overview -> Systems

double-click on Virtual system

click on COMMUNICATION tab

change COMMUNICATION SYSTEM at the bottom.

SAVE

Distribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Either Single or Mass transportation - Request must be approved in QAS (if Approval steps is enabled).

I believe that Mass transportation picks up only the approved requests (which needs to be approved manually in Q).

Regards,

Nick Loy

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sap note 313991 tells that it is possible to do mass import, but only import approved requests.

unfortunately, I get the information message and cannot continue even after addeing parameters as per SAP note 1372301.

So, something is not working properly.

I also created a message at SAP.