cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Based Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have situation where we make a change to a monthly data view in demand planning in the last week of that month. These changes are then disaggregated down to the weekly level that are now in the past. However, we do not want to have the past weekly periods changed in livecache. I could not find any way of preventing this in the planning area 'Time-based disaggregation' settings'. Does anyone have anyone have an idea of how to prevent weekly periods in the past from being disaggregated against.

Regards,

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi,

In my opinion, you would just need to switch the users to the planning book / data view with weekly time bucket profiles.

You can restrict the data modification to 'future only' and that should restrict overwrite of any past buckets.

I think this should help.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Ankur Shrivastava

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the calculation type you have used for Time based disaggregation for the KF in question? I can suggest something based on that.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani Suresh,

We are using P - Proportional Allocation.

Rumi

0 Kudos

Hi Rumi,

Let me try to assist you -

1) Technically speaking, data is stored based on the storage bucket profile you configured. Now, it seems, that your planning are has a storage bucket profile with Month (M) and Week (W) periodicities. With this setting, I just see one way to achieve this. Base your time disaggr. upon another key figure (say A). Now, internally, system stores data (quantities) against Month-Week bucket. So, APO stores data against buckets say M1-W5 and M2-W5, where W5 is the week that exists across two months, M1 and M2. Create a program that deletes the data of key figure 'A' in bucket M1-W5, and you will have desired function. But, the process has to be managed strictly, and note that it would be difficult to handle it for all the future months. It can be handled only for immediate next Forecasting(editable) month. We may still have problems with this way though (Viz. - If both this buckets M1-W5 and M2-W5 have zero, you will see prop. disaggr. between 2 buckets, etc)

2) Now, the other fool proof method would be to have this buckets M1-W5 and M2-W5 made available for individual data entry. And this can be done by use of Fiscal Year Variants. So we have Month (M), Week (W) and Fiscal Variant (i.e M1-W5- F5 and M-W5-F6). Some additional efforts would be reqd. on account of defining Fiscal year variants, and secondly having a code to show up Fiscal year variant and Month to user on planning book column header.

Thanks,

Prashant Ghule

MahindraSatyam

Edited by: Prashant Ghule on Oct 14, 2010 7:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi,

By functionality of Disaggregation , it may be difficult to achieve, what you are expexting.

However, by expectation, you do expect a variation in monthly view and weekly view( if disaggregation does not happen as you expect).

Is it possible to have one more KF , in which you will make the changes ?

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to prevent the chage to the weeks in the past by using macros

Aban