cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requisitioner field in purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had a query regarding Purchase Order fields. We would like to include the requisitoner name/contact as a part of our extracted file. We have customised the extractor for extracting the requisitioner detail. My query is regarding the field name to which this should be mapped to.Is there a standard field provided by SPM for this requisitioner or do we have to use one of the customer fields (Customer field1etc) for this requisition field?

Please help!

Regards,

Asha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming the question as answered.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha

You have gussed it correctly.

After you have made the appropriate changes to the extractor starter kits and added the requisitioner field to the PO object, re generated the extractor data source. On the SPM side, you can use a template to map this additional field to the PO Inbound DSO. I would recommend using the custom attribute and changing the lable from custom... to Requisitioner.

Thats answering the technical question.

Now from the business side, question from my end, Is the requisitioner field just for information only? or will it be used for any analytical slicing and dicing?

If its info only then you can leave requisitioner in detail and enhance the detail multiprovider and detail reports to bring in this field.

If it is actually used for analytical purposes, then think about how you would bring it into cube. If the requisitioner field is highly "aggregatable" meaning the values in this dimension are reallly low compared to the number of PO lines then it can be a standard characteristic, if there are too many requisitioners then you might want to use it as a line item dimension/high cardinality dimension (I think the first custom dimension is already setup that way). This is important as it will affect the performance of the query execution. As a post check, you can check "InfoCube dimension analysis" in chapter 7 of the Installation and Configuration guide. This will help you diagnose the dimension spread.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Rajesh