Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter ~TRANSACTION in webgui service

michael_mederer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we plan to publish transaction PPMDT on our intranet using the SAP GUI for HTML.

I copied the service "webgui" and tried to add the parameter ~TRANSACTION = PPMDT in "GUI Configuration", but it has no effect. When I call the service in a browser and log on, the usual start menu is displayed, not transaction PPMDT. I also set parameter ~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR = 32 in the same place and it works fine.

Can I only specify the ~TRANSACTION parameter in the URL? Or is there a possibility to specify the parameter somewhere in SICF?

As I am not an ITS expert at all, I appreciate any help.

Thank you, Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

What you have done should work. Just to be clear:

1. create a new service that is the exact copy of WEBGUI

2. in the GUI configuration area add ~transaction PPMDT

3. save and test.

Besides the "~transaction PPMDT" what else is in the GUI Configuration area for the new service that you created?

Edgar

michael_mederer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I created an exact copy of webgui.

GUI configuration looks like this (in this order):

~TRANSACTION PPMDT

~WEBGUI 1

~THEME sl

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR 32

~SINGLETRANSACTION 1

Michael

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I just tried this, not with PPMDT, some other transaction code, and it works fine. Perhaps we need to have a further look into your system to determine the issue. Are there errors in the developer workprocess trace files (dev_w#)?

Edgar

michael_mederer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

I am not sure what has happened during the weekend, but today it works fine. I just started from scratch and cleared my browser history.

Thank you for the support.

Michael