Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Heuristic Location & Heuristic Network

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I need to understand when you run Heuristic Location and Heuristic Network

What's System looks at to Get "4 location product(s) was/were processed"?

He Looks to Product Combination or PPM's or Supply Chain Engineer ?

Appreciate Your Help

Regards

Rami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If all the questions are answered , I will suggest to close the question and give appropriate points.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Detailed explanation is already given above.

SNP planning runs will only consider the location products and PPMs , which are in a Supply Chain model .

Supply Chain engineer is only a comprehensive mechanism to view and manage objects like location products, ppms, resources in a supply chain model and create work areas, to be able to manage user specific limited location products, PPMs .

Therefore, supply chain engineer does not show seperate from what is insiide a supply chain model.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure how you are executing the planning interactive or in background.

If you wish to run the heuristic in interactive Supply Network Planning, you have the option of running a network heuristic, a location heuristic, or a multilevel heuristic. The multilevel heuristic is a network heuristic that also takes into account BOM components. Interactive Supply Network Planning does not have a location heuristic that takes into account BOM components.

In the background

If you select Network (Heuristic), the system plans the specified products at all locations of the supply chain model where these products are assigned.

If you select Location (Heuristic), the system plans the specified products at the specified locations. You can thus choose to plan only a part of the model for instance.

With both heuristic options, you can specify whether you want the system to take into account all the bill of material (BOM) components of the chosen products during planning. To do this, set this indicator: Take into account found components in planning run. The system then also plans the dependent demand of the products. However, with the location heuristic, the system plans only those components that have been assigned to the specified locations.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below the information in detail for your doubts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

The low-level code specifies the bill of material (BOM) level and supply chain location at which a location product is situated in case of PPM. The SNP heuristic needs this information to be able to determine the correct planning sequence for the location products, thus ensuring that demands are fulfilled correctly. It is important to maintain the planning sequence if you are running the SNP heuristic for only a part of your supply chain model.

Thanks

Amol

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

When i Run Heuristic Location I found this message " The system has planned 2 location products. At the same time, the system created 0SNP stock transfers and 1SNP planned orders."

Without Creation of Supply Chain Model You will find This message coming if you create PPM for this material

And In Case of without PPM for this material you will find the same message above but with a little different " The system has planned 1 location products. At the same time, the system created 0SNP stock transfers and 1SNP planned orders."

This how it's going and i need to understand the logic behind this and sytem Behavior

Regards

Rami