cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions / problems with Spend Performance installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just finished installing the spend addon on our SAP BW 7.01 system. I'm afraid I forgot to install the latest service packs (SP4) at first and already started the content installation with the helper programm.

Now I installed all available upgrades and I am not sure if there are any additional steps needed in order to update the created dataobjects. Will I have to rerun the helper programm? Will I have to redeploy from the business content?

I also have a problem getting the web UI running. I installed the latest available java part from swdc and followed the installation instruction. I activated a lot of webservices - RS_BCT_XA* and RS_BCT_XSA, but I could not find any OPM webservice.

Now when running the UI I get the following error: [RPC Fault faultString="Error #1090: XML-Parserfehler: Element ist fehlerhaft." faultCode="Client.CouldNotDecode" faultDetail="Unable to load WSDL. If currently online, please verify the URI and/or format of the WSDL (http://isrmssapbie.isr.local:50100/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/xapps.analytics.dm_par.analyticsproxyservice?wsdl&targetservice=/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/opm_dm_x_api?wsdl)"]

I tried opening http://[ourhost]:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/OPM_DM_X_API?wsd and I can get the WSDL file.

So does anybody have any idea how to fix this problem? The UI does not seem to work at all - when I try to open a report I get error 1009 - null objectsreference .

Thank you very much! Kind regards,

Thorsten

UPDATE: i found out, that after activating the webservices with SICF testing the webservice fails.When I use WSCONFIG (which should not be used anymore) the test is successfull. Do I have to enter all the 50 webservices in WSCONFIG in order to get the webui running?

Edited by: Thorsten Voß on Oct 1, 2010 2:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

You have mentioned multiple issues below:

1. Content installation - With latest SPM patches, SAP provides bug / logic fixes in transformation or BQ query. So if you have not loaded any data in the SPM data model then you can always re-run the content activation. You can reactivate from content using the helper program. Also noticed that you have BW EHP1 system, make sure you have downloaded the correct UI install and patches (there are separate patches for EHP & non-EHP BW systems).

2. Web services - Make sure you have activated all the web services (using transaction WSCONFIG). Services start with RS_BCT_XA, RS_BCT_XSA, RS_BXT*, OPM_DM_X_API. You can test one the simple ones to confirm that its working (I use RS_BCT_XA_X_GET_ROLES - supply your ID in uppers case to test).

3. 1009 error - There is a blog / article posted regarding some of the common error users / customers have faces and what can be used to resolve these issues. Please use this article to see if this resolves your issues "/people/timur.shakirov/blog/2010/07/29/configuration-fix-for-1090-error--sap-spend-performance-management"

4. WSCONFIG is a deprecated transaction, please check with BW administration to get the latest mechanism to work with. I have seen that this transaction still works. Use WSADMIN to test, even this is deprecated.

5. Also for the application to work, make sure the WAS connection and port are entered correctly in portal system connection. This is the connection that is used for the application to work. The WAS connection and port can be obtained from transaction SMICM -> Services.

If you have confirmed that all of the above is correct and still are unable to fix the issue, please open up a OSS note with necessary ID / password (make sure the connection to systems is also open).

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

thank you very much. I activated all services with wsconfig. I also used wsadmin and tested the *_get_roles webservice with the wsnavigator. After some clicking around I got a list of the users in our system.

Everything looks good. I also checked all points related to the blog you told me. I still get error 1009, not 1090. The blog was only related to 1090 anyway.

Do you have any more hints? I'll open a call.

Thank you very much!

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Did you also confirm that the WAS setting in portal is setup correctly. Make sure you are using the same settings that is in SMICM transaction -> Services.

If all of this does not help, please open up the OSS message with EPM-SA component and provide access to your system with necessary ID / password.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further Activity, assuming this question has been answered with the aid of the many replies posted.

Regards

Rajesh