SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas Billing G 685, CONDET, THGDATUM and Move-Out Processing

bernd_wolff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

according to G 685 the THGDATUM of a meter reading result should be set to the last day of the previous month,

or of the month before that (if no gas factors are available for the previous month). The customer has implemented

an exit in EDMMR002 which does exactly that - each result gets an appropriate value in THGDATUM.

Each? Not each! For Move-Outs, the exit is not called and the move-out-date is used. This is not necessarily a date

for which we already have gas factors. In the Consumption Storage we only get an "Incomplete" entry instead of

a "Complete" one, and if there are later readings we cannot give them an earlier THGDATUM than the one found in

the move-out, meaning that they are also incomplete.

We have the impression that G 685 rules are not properly implemented in IS-U. Have others here encountered the

same problem, and how did you handle it? Or are we just overlooking something?

Thanks,

Bernd

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using the same exit. It`s working fine with move-out processing. Are you sure that the exit in your system isn`t called in move-out processing? Maybe you do not use standards for move-out?

Best regards

Sabine Deckert

0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem occurs when the meter reading (MSCONS) arrives before the actual move-out (UTILMD), which is the most common case that we see here. The meter reading is processed, and in the prepare_save logic a call to the exit is done. For the actual move-out the exit is apparently not called.

I tried to recreate the steps manually, by entering a reading result for October the 1st (which got a THGDATUM of Septmeber 30th, correct) and then entering a move-out. The move-out dialog finds the reading, but decides that it is not necessary to call the exit. Therefore the move-outs initial THGDATUM (October 1st) is kept and overwrites the adjusted value in EABL.

(To my surprise there was no error, maybe the background process is more sensitive)

When entering a move-out and providing the reading result "in one go", the exit is called.

I am going to do some more tests tomorrow.

Best regards

Bernd Wolff

0 Kudos

Hello,

in that case we first save meter reading result using reason 09. Exit is called, we set thgdatum. Call Exit in move-out isn`t necessary because EABL isn´t changed. Just EABLG is extended with reason 03.

Best Regards

Sabine Deckert

0 Kudos

Hello,

first let me apologize for replying only now, but I was out of the office for some time.

Meter readings are stored as 09 here as well, and have their THGDAT adjusted. Some problems could be

eliminated by fixing an incorrect customizing in TE125 (allowed deviation of THGDAT), but still the move-out

processing overwrites the date, i.e.:

Move-out date 1.11., move-in 2.11.

Both readings are received before the UTILMDs arrive, so 2 readings with reason 09 are stored.

The THGDAT for both is 31.10.

The move-out UTILMD is received and assumes a THGDAT of 1.11. (I also noticed this when debugging a manual

move-out some time ago, so it does not appear to be a problem with the UTILMD processing). As the UTILMD does

not carry a meter reading, the exit to adjust the date is not called. However, the wrong THGDAT is then saved.

When the move-in is received and processed, it finds a reading with a THGDAT 30.10. which is not later or equal

than the THGDAT 1.11. of the move-out reading.

I have opened a call with SAP to get a clarification - IMO either the THGDAT of the existing reading should be used,

or the exit should be called.

Kind regards

Bernd Wolff

0 Kudos

Hello,

in response to the OSS Call note 1558980 was created. The exit to determine the THGDATUM is now also called

if a reading exists for the specified date. Test results look good!

Best regards

Bernd