Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answered questions but no points granted

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In many scenarios, the question is answered but the user who asks the question either forget or ignore to grant the points. The following are just some examples which happened to me:

Is there anyway to overcome this and get the points even after the thread has been closed?

Please share your thoughts !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there anyway to overcome this and get the points even after the thread has been closed?

Are you aware of the fact that asking for points is against forum rules? That fact that you started a whole new thread for this purpose doesn't change that. If someone does not give points then that's it. Giving points is not an obligation.

I have some questions for you:

Why is collecting points so important?

Do you need the points to prove anything to your colleagues or your boss?

Don't you find helping others rewarding?

Jurjen

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Are you aware of the fact that asking for points is against forum rules? That fact that you started a whole new thread for this purpose doesn't change that. If someone does not give points then that's it. Giving points is not an obligation.

This is new to me, thanks for the clarification.

>

> I have some questions for you:

> Why is collecting points so important?

> Do you need the points to prove anything to your colleagues or your boss?

> Don't you find helping others rewarding?

>

> Jurjen

- I think of it from self-motivational aspect plus being an active contributor is something good to put on the resume.

- Definitely helping others is very rewarding but why not to have both the rewards

Thank you so much, I got a clear answer to my question. I just thought that the forum might have a mechanism for such situations.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What the worst part in many cases is that the OP does not even bothered to update as to how his/her issue was resolved. Was it due to the suggestion given by the members or on their own and if on their own, then they are suppose to update as to how it has been resolved.

Only in rare occasions, I could see this in sales forum. Coming to the subject, yes when the OP is not bothered to update and how come they award points ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has introduced the points systems for SCN, pro and cons have been and will continue to be discussed frequently. It is not allowed to openly ask for or promise points in the threads. They should be assigned at the discretion of the OP for helpful replies. If I see that OP closes a thread without assigning points and there clearly has been a solution to the problem, I often remind him by email to mark helpful replies, this makes it easier for people finding the thread via search to find the valuable bit of information. Please do not complain about not having received points, this will usually not lead to the desired result.

It is always interesting to learn about the motivation of personally aggregating points, there were a few threads about it in the past, so please feel free to answer Jurjens questions

Thomas

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not lose hope:)) Last year before Christmas moderators were going through the threads in the forums and were assigning points and closing questions instead of leaving them unanswered or waiting for the guys who asked them to come back and clean it. By the way: I also wait for the answer for the questions listed above.

Cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Do not lose hope:)) Last year before Christmas moderators were going through the threads in the forums and were assigning points and closing questions instead of leaving them unanswered or waiting for the guys who asked them to come back and clean it. By the way: I also wait for the answer for the questions listed above.

> Cheers Otto

The purpose here was not to assign po1nts for the sake of assigning them. It was to help those just shy of the 250 mark get over.

Rob