Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of xml file to xsd

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SapAll.

i have got a requirement in an IDOC To xml File Interface where i need to create a structure for the target xml file .

here i have sample xml file ,so i just want to know if there is any other way to generate xsd from the xml file instead of creating strucure in PI.i mean is there any website to do this ?.

if i can get the xsd from the sample xml file then i can just import that xsd directly into External Definition for the target xml file structure

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do it by installing JDeveloper from Oracle. It's free Java Developing tool, available.

Please google it, u will get

Babu

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mr Babu.

i have got an xsd from the third party and then i imported the xsd into external definition(PI) .when i have a look at the xsd i found one field missing under one of the subelements and then i exported the external definiton into desktop .i made the changed to the uploaded xsd by adding one more field as below

<xsd:attribute name="XMLNameSpace" use="required" type="xsd:integer"/>

but when i imported the the updated xsd into External definition it raises the error as below

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason:

Unable to recognize document as valid XSDCheck selected category.

can any of you help me on how to achieve this ?

will be waiitng for your response.

regards.

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this discussion, and check your XSD accordingly.

Divyesh Vasani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

but when i imported the the updated xsd into External definition it raises the error as below
Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

You might have done any syntax error,make sure you insert the required field properly in the exported XSD.

If you have visual studio 2005 , in your PC then you can open the XSD using that and edit in a proper format.

Its good if you have XML SPY , you can check the syntax correctness and validate the XSD before importing.

check the syntax required by referring tohttp://www.w3schools.com/Schema/schema_simple_attributes.asp

And also make sure while importing you choose "xsd" instead of wsdl which is the default option for importing

external definition.

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following link to convert your XML to XSD online:

http://www.flame-ware.com/products/xml-2-xsd/default.aspx

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the hits for you:

Let us know if you still can not achieve your job.

Divyesh Vasani