Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form problem with multiple pages & table problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with my smart form with multiple pages

Situation: I have a smart form that ALWAYS has at least 2 pages. In one page the quotation, in the second page (basically this is the 3rd page as the 2nd page is optional) the terms and conditions. Sometimes however, when there are many items in the quotation more than 1 page is needed for the quotation.

The (optional) second page of a quotation has a different header than the first page of a quotation. So I made a second page with 2 secondary windows (where the header texts are in). The main window is after the secondary windows and has to finish the quotation.

The problem is that my headers of the second page are never printed, it stays a blank space. The table however does continue and is printed.

Another problem I have is that I have a table (with the quotations) with 6 columns. The first 2 columns are displayed correctly but once the 3rd column the columns are shown on a lign below.

Regards,

PJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest another approach to this problem.

Use just one page. For the headers on the first page, use a secondary window and on the conditions tab, choose the additional event - Only on First Page.

For the different header on the second page, create another secondary window on the same page (probably even overlapping the first header on your layout). But in this one, on the conditions tab, choose the additional event - Not on First Page.

The table should flow as you would be using the Main window for this one.

As for columns, if they are too wide and wont fit in the same line, it would move to the next line. So you would have to re-adjust the line width and test.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Ancy

Edited by: abapfreak on Oct 4, 2010 11:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Reagrding allignement , if ur passing any currency quantity field in ur third column , please delete leading spaces before pasing into variable.

or try to increase the space provided in table and see whether it is left alligned.

for your page issue , check how ur calling ur pages ur first page should call iself.

and second page should call first page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved the first problem (the header one). I still have the problem that my table is not correctly printed though. After a few columns there is a jump to the next line and the remaining columns are printed there and not on the same line as the first columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If a text cannot be fit in the space you left for it, it will mess up the alignments, tabulators, and can even get into the next line.

Unfortunately if you write only "WWWWWWWWWWW"-s into a variable, it's much wider, than if it has only "iiiiiiiiii"-s in it. So it's a very though wirk to make the perfect alignemnts.

I suggest you to fill your variables with "WWWWWWW" characters to see, how much space do you need for them.

Regards

Tamás

Edited by: Tamás Nyisztor on Oct 4, 2010 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Second page creation is the good idea

but in that u create your own headers what ever you want

comming to second page problem is there any borders that are assigned in te main window

Let me know if u have any concerns...

Regards,

Lokesh