cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC - How does it build code - can code be changed - SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my understanding of webservices and VC..

I have the following questions:(please correct me if i am wrong)

- How does Visual composer generate code ..get data from

RFC and display it..

- Can visual composer respond to a SOAP request..

if i have to get data from a CRM s/m, BW s/m and R/3 i

can do it within one view of VC..however if i need to

similar data by making a SOAP request.. i need to make

multiple requests to RFCs published as

webservices..Instead of that can i make a SOAP request

to VC and get data back..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

At this moment VC uses the connectors of the portal to communicate with data providers, you can not directly connect to external data from VC.

Currently you can use BAPIs webservices and JDBC to get data from a back end

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if i got you correct.... my intention is to find out if i can pass a parameter to a VC iview and get data back without actually launching the VC application in my browser

Message was edited by: Chaitanya Kovvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could any of you kindly respond to my questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you compiled or deployed the model, you see an entry "View source code". If you selected Flex/Flash as your application technology, then you see the ASP code (Adobe/Macromedia ActionScript). You can of course take this and change it, but from this time on your coding is not related to your model. Any change in the model would overwrite your changes in the script.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mario for your response, in relation to my second question can i assume the following "Since VC does not publish any services, we cannot use an external system to get data from VC, we can use VC only for reporting"

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right, VC is not a tool to build "services", it's a tool to build an "application with UI". On the other hand you can retrieve data from VC by using Portal Eventing and defining input/output for the VC application itself. Tehre is an excellent document which describes a similar scenario for a VC iView with BEx:

How to Integrate Visual Composer Applications and BEx Web Templates

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the document and your inputs, they have improved my understanding of VC.