cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL: How to get currently selected query on screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to do changes in code based on cuerrently selected query.

So, In which variable/ method currently selected POWL query is fetched? I want to know how can I get full query name Whenever we click on link generated for powl query?

Thanks in advance.

-Tejas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

There is Class with API method from POWL Queries,

CL_POWL_QUERY_API.

It has all methods for your help.

Please use these.

Best regards,

Rohit

<- Removed by Moderator ->

Edited by: Neil Gardiner on Oct 2, 2010 11:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Class CL_POWL_QUERY_API has method to get visible queries of particular APPLID, but no method to get currently selected query.

-Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

The approach is not fine,

Then please use the method of class CL_POWL_RUNTIME_SERVICES to get the current query.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Class CL_POWL_RUNTIME_SERVICES has method for getting refresh data of given query (GET_CONTENT_VALUES), but I couldn't find how to fetch currently selected query.

I think method GET_CURRENT_QUERY of class CL_POWL_UI_HELPER will serve the purpose.

Thanks.

-Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

I'm curious to know if you are able to solve this problem using class CL_POWL_UI_HELPER and how?

I wanted to get current selected query for shopping cart.

If not do you have nay other solution for this?

Please help.

Regards,

Yogesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please.
How you solved this ?
How you read the POWL selected line ?

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

The feeder class of the query type implements the interface IF_POWL_FEEDER

In all the methods of this interface there is a parameter called (I_TYPE) of type (POWL_TYPE_TY) which you can read at run time in your implemented feeder class to know the selected query type.

I hope this will help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I_TYPE gives type of a given query, But I have to differntiate in between the 2 queries of same type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

I read whole document, but I couldn't find any (method)/(parameter) of standard class which holds value of currently selected query on WebDynPro screen.

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As per my knowledge you cannot get the current query name. To retrieve the data you can use the query paramerts which are available as part of GET_OBJECTS method.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Currently selected query can be identified with parameters of given query in 'GET_OBJECTS' method. Thanks this approach works.

-Tejas