cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route and stages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to create a route which have one daparture point and several destination point under same route code....... Please let me know does it possible in Std SAP......

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can maintain different stages in the route. In the stage the departure point can be the same but the destination point can be different.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the problem here is i have Point A as departure and Point B and C as destination Point with multi legs please tell how i can configure this is STD SAP.....

Thanks for your help

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create 3 Transportation Zones;

Point - A

Point- B

Point- C

& create all the legs/stages between Points as "transportation Connection Point" wt: point A - Point B & Point B - Point C.

Hope this should work.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help let me explain it in more brief Point A is departure and B is intermediate point and C is final destination for second scenario Point A is departure and B is intermediate point and D is final destination. Here if destination is different else is same how you will maintain stages for these two scenarios under the same Route code i cant create two different codes here we are trying to club same departure point with similar durations of service under one route is this possible please discuss.......

Thanks

Hope this would make u unerstand the situation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So what I understand is you have one scenario A->B->C and then another scenario A->B->D.

Now, you can combine those separate scenarios as deliveries into one SAP shipment which would have A->B->C->D (or A->B->D-C). This can be defined by single route.

But if you separately ship A-B-C and A-B-D and those are under different locations, then it seems to me you would need 2 separate routes for those.

Regards.

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Domonik i now in std sap you need to create two routes to do this, but here i need to club both the scenarios in one route code, this is the requiremnt from my client do you know any other best way to configure it any customozation suggestion and all any input is appreciable.......

Thanks for help

Jassi..............

Edited by: jasmit.kainth on Oct 4, 2010 11:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain more what is the driver behind requirement to have single route here?

Maybe we can figure out alternative solution to meet the requirement differently.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Domenik Let me know if you need any more details else then specified in previous post . Please let me know specific details in regards of scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jassi,

I'm still not clear why do you need to have single route. Is there an issue on the external system if there are multiple routes defined ?

In any case since you plan to interface data from delivery level, you would need to apply custom logic to send the stage details. I do not think any of the standard delivery idocs support that requirement?

And then, if you really need to have single route, you can define those 3 different stages for your route at delivery:

stage 1: A-B

stage 2: B-C

stage 3: B-D

For the C and D connection points you need to assign ship-to numbers. Then during delivery interface logic you will be able to choose between stage2 or stage3 depending on the connection point linked to given customer.

The above is definitely not a clean solution, but could workaround to satisfy your single route requirement.

At SAP shipment creation from external system, you can directly receive connection point data, and do not redetermine shipment legs based on route.

Of course the watchout is what should be transit time etc. maintained for such route. Because here all the data will be the same irrespectively of the final destination.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need single route coz like these scenario's we have almost 5K+ Requirement if we go with individual routes will endup creating lots of routes which business doesn't want to and we have lots of requirement which have departure and intermediate point same but different destinations thats y we try to club the routes requirement which have same departure & Intermediate point taking same duration of time for different destination say 1 day and having same Logistic provider, will provide the name to that route say LSP1DAY and clud all these requirement into one route code that y try to meet these scenarios here with Std SAP. if you can suggest any customization please let me know........................

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Jasmit

What will be the route that you want to follow? One route cannot have A-B-C one day and A-B-D on another day. You can create the route as A-B-C-D and stages A-B, B-C, B-D etc. While creating shipment you can choose the different stages relevant for each shipment.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indernil and Domenik

@ Indernil could you please let me knowhow we can define stages with same connection point for these two scenarios under same Route code?

Is this is possible ( selection of stages) at the time of delivery? because shipments are going to create in OTM system which is third party system here.

Let say flow would be SO>Delivery>PGI and shipment creation would happen in OTM once Delivery trigger the idoc which would have route information with all stages n all. Is this possible under same route we have stages A>B B>C and A>B B>D as B is a coonection point which is same in both the scenarios and If i have two delivery one is having ABC and other is having ABD how during delivery thease stgae will get determined as per their requiremnt under the Defined (same) ROUTE code......

Please let me know ASAP

Jassi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to search in forum. For your query, there many threads available with complete explanation.

Std SAP provides solution, check in forum either in SAP help.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried serching in forums but this is something specific i dint get in forum could you let me know? ....

Thanks in advance