cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS: Writing empty files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have PROXY -> XI -> File scenario and we have to use FTPS to secure the connection.

I have done the following steps -

1. Imported the public key certificate from 3rd party FTP server into the Trusted CA section of the Keystore in visual Admin. The CN name in the certificate is same as the server name maintained in communication channel.

2. In File receiver Comm channel -

a. I have selected the connection security as FTPS for control and data connection.

b. command order is default command order.

c.. Use X.509 certificate is unticked and no certificate is selected.

d. A valid user name and password entered in comm channel. (the password is correctly entered)

e. Target directory maintained as /xxx/xxx (which is the default directory of the user)

3. The third party server can do FTPS as I am successfully able to connect and transfer files to the directory on that server using File-Zilla tool. When I try and connect using FTPS using File-Zilla, it prompts me for the certificate and once I accept the certificate, I can see the files in the folder. I used the same user id and password in FileZilla that I have used in comm. Channel.

When I run the scenario (we have PI7.0), its writing empty files in the folder on the target server. When checked in RWB its throwing error - Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "xxxx.xxxx.com:21": iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier.

If I change the target directory from the /xxx/xxx to '/' (without quotes) then no file is written and I get error - An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'xxx.xxx.com:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 553 Could not create file.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

The permissions for the folder are 777 and the file name is as simple as abc.xml.

My contact on the target server is not able to help either as I am able to connect to his server using FTPS.

Not sure whats going wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Try selecting the keystore and X.509 certificate that you loaded in VA, in the communication channel.

I think you need to specify this certificate in communication channel for verification.

Also please check Q24 of Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter (I think you loaded the certificate to trustedCA as described in this note)

if didnt work check your command order AUTH TSL,USER,PASS,PBSZ,PROT

have look into this thread as well

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is now resolved. There was issue with the certificate provided by the third party. The initial certificate provided had the CN as the DNS name of the server.

We requested them to give a certificate with CN as the actual host name of the server. Imported this new certificate in visual admin, changed the server name in comm channel to the actual host name instead of the DNS name. After this files were written to the 3rd party server.

Thanks for your inputs though.

Regards,

Rahul.

Answers (0)