cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job RSDB4UPG running long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Group,

we found the background job RSDB4UPD on our system running longer time than normal and effect system performance. The system is ECC5.0 runing on V5R4M0.

Anyone has experience on it ? Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program RSDB4UPD just clean up the ff files: DBSTATHDB4 and DBSTAIHDB4 and MONI

You can manually cleanup the files by splliting up the dates from the OS level like initially cleaning up the files in 2004 , then 2005 and so on via STRSQL or if you prefer to do it one command, try using clrpfm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

if your problem is that this is creating problems for your system performance:

Did you apply the following profile parameter already ?

rdisp/prio/btc = L

This means, that Batch WPs are running with 24 instead of 20 which is good for all DIA WPs )

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback. The program scheduled every 12hours.

Volker,

I didn't apply the profile what you remind. It's a process priority parameter, why it will effect system performance ?

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most long running steps under following:

|13.07.2006|18:05:42|Start Merge for R/3 table SQ3000_DB4

|13.07.2006|18:05:42|Getting info from outfile ...

|13.07.2006|18:05:58|Getting the SQL names of tables/views ...

|13.07.2006|18:51:04|Updating SQ3000_DB4 ...

|13.07.2006|18:52:36|Getting the SQL names of tables/views ...

|13.07.2006|18:52:36|Updating SQ3000_DB4 for JDBC...

|13.07.2006|18:52:36|Merge completed for R/3 table SQ3000_DB4

|13.07.2006|18:52:36|Start Merge for R/3 table SQ3001_DB4

|13.07.2006|18:52:36|Getting info from outfile ...

|13.07.2006|18:52:49|Getting the SQL names of tables/views ...

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

ok, if you do not know the OS/400 Work Management, you cannot understand that.

As I said, I would implement that, in order to make all batch jobs a bit worse prioritized as DIA jobs, but if you do not like that, just ignore my message.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's no surprise, because in SQ3000_DB4 are all different SQLs stored since the iSeries startup - so it has to take some time ...

volker gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker,

It's clear that your recommandation has good to improve system performance.

The jobs priority will effect which job should run first before they begin to run. But for this case, if the BTC jobs had begun to run, even DIA job's priority are high than BTC jobs, the system will not stop the BTC jobs what running and run the DIA jobs, right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately you do not understand the iSeries Workmanagement. Yes, it will do it "useful" with this parameter, because iSeries works with timeslices that are mote often for the DIA jobs than for the batch jobs.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker,

Thanks for your help. I'll set it on our system.

I didn't see any document about the iSeries Workmanagment ago. Could you please tell me which document has related information about iSeries Workmanagement on SAP ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

exactly this problem has more or less nothing to do with SAP, "just" with iSeries Workmanagement and there is an IBM book available.

Otherwise I can recommend the new System i Redbook for SAP on System i at:

http://www.4soi.de/iSeries-Docu.php

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the size of your DBSTATHDB4 and/or DBSTAIHDB4 tables grown? IIRC this job normally cleans them out and there have been problems in the past with it not working correctly. How long does it take to run? Has it steadilly increased over time or was there an abrupt change?

Andy