cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the sap basis administrator tasks for SAP CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am an SAP BASIS administrator. I have never worked on any CRM system.

Now a days people in market talk much about wheather you have worked on CRM.

I have no idea how CRM basis administration is different from the basis administartion of other products based on netweaver.

I would appreciate if someone throw some light on "SAP basis administration of CRM system".

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for start - "delta" of CRM Basis than other basis

- Understand the whole landscape of CRM (CRM ABAP, CRM Java (for webshops, self-services etc), Loyalty Execution Engine, TREX, tealeaf, groupware integrateion, WEB UI, SAP Web Dispatcher, Portal ) knowledge about network (DMZ, security,load balancing etc)

- Sizing of different CRM components (not just quick sizer)

- Understand VMC (monitoring, tuning, tracing etc), know how to patch IPC

- Understand CRM Middleware, monitoring/tuning/optmize qRFC queues.

- Understand procedure of Java development, knowledge about NWDI, CTS+ etc.

- authenticaion options of webshops, UME integration

- CRM authorization concepts

- Catalog publishing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some excellent documentations are available in:- https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/crm-inst (search for the operation guide pdfs, if required you can also check inst/upg docs). User your S user id/password to login.

From my experience, in practical field most of the issues you will face with qRFC/BDoc message flow handling and JAVA stack administration. Stress on these two areas and go through the guides, CRM admin won't be a major issue.

Once you go through the basic operation guides and start working on the system then you will come to know there exists many CRM specific trx(SMW02,SMWP..etc) codes and CRM related tables(CRMPAROLTP,CRMRFCPAR.. etc),bgd jobs/reports - which you have to take care at times.

Thanks