Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no PVO attributes on MX_Member_

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope someone can give me some advice.

The proceedure for users to get new roles in our case involves a external system. We want to record this request number as we assign roles to users. We have decided to use the MX_REASON attribute of the Pending value object. This works ok when we maintain a person object and assign a priviledge or role to it because we are able to tell the system to include a reason on the MXREF_ attribute and even make it mandatory. If we maintain a role or priv.adding a person it does not. I have found no way to include the reason from the pending value object on the screen for entry. How do you include attributes from the pending value object on the entry screen when you are changing a role or Priv. entry type?

Note: marking the reason as mandatory work only prevents you from proceeding when you add a role. If you delete one you can leave it blank and the attribute is populated for you with an error message.

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Achim,

Thank you but I am well aware of this.

Let me try to explain from the User Interface side.

Yes if you use manage person you can expand the additional information button on the right side under the role or privilege, In there you find a extra tab called reference information where you can edit the reason and date range. This is configured in the MXREF_ROLE or Priviledge attribute where you can choose under the reason column yes, no or Mandatory.

Only MXREF_ attrobites have this extra collumn!

If you manage a role or Priviledge and wish to assign an Person you have no access to this additional tab and thus no access to input data into the reason field. In the task you have the MXMember_Person defined. There is no MXREF_Person Attribute.

If I had a role that was to be assigned to 7 users what would you prefer to manage?

I find it un-acceptable to manage 7 users when I could just manage 1 role!

Jim

Edited by: Jim Banas on Oct 1, 2010 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

after adding the role to the user, but before saving the new settings, you have the posibility to add a reason. below the table showing the role member ships you have the posibility (a button to open additional informations) to add a valid-to and a valid-from date as a reason.

Does this help you?

Kind regards,

achim