Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cleanup the CUA entries

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm in the process of doing some client cleanup prior to an upgrade project. I am also just learning about the CUA system so have been reading through the docs.

Our landscape:

UTL - Solution Manager and CUA (7 ehp1)

DEV - Development (ecc5)

QAS - Quality (ecc5)

PRD - Production (ecc5)

This was set up about 5 years ago during intial implementation, and little has been done to manage the CUA child entries to match up with client useage changes over that time. At this point, security uses CUA for some clients and local user admin for others. When I use t-code SCUA I get the message the "CUA definition is inconsistant, for repair see long text." And I beileve the issue it is complaiing about is there are child systems still defined in CUA that don't exist, or no longer have a connection.

I'm wanting to remove these old child systems, and will delete the actual clients where then exist after removing them from CUA.

What I'm not to clear on yet is what happens after I go through the steps on the central system

a. T-CODE SCUA

b. T-CODE WE20

c. T-CODE BD64

Since I'll be deleting the associated clients on the respective system, do I need to do the steps for deleting a CUA child on the local system as well? Then delete the client?

At some point I'll be adding the new CUA child entries for the actual/used clients as well. But I thought I'd go through the delete process first.

Any corrections or clarifications as to what I'm attempting to do will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to remove some clients that are no longer used or connected. If you have a system connected to CUA and it needs to be disconnected, you should run transaction SA38 and execute for program RSDELCUA. Select the Child system that you want to disconnect and in Test mode, click Execute. If you get the log file with no errors, run this without the Test box checked. This will remove the client system from the CUA landscape.

Reconnecting Client System back to CUA

To reconnect a system that has previously been setup in CUA, but was disconnected or a system that was refreshed, you will need to run transaction SCUA and add the client system into the Maintain System Landscape screen. Once completed, you will need to run transaction SCUG to migrate the users back into CUA.

0 Kudos

Thank you Bree,

So as I understand you, I do not need to run through the WE20 and BD64 transactions to remove them from the distribution model IF there may be a chance we could recreate the associated client on the source system.

So... for example...

I want to get rid of DEV:700 now because we no longer use it. The CUA child is DEVCLNT700. I can use the report RSDELCUA and delete the child which removes it from the CUA list. I can then delete the actual client DEV:700. In a year, when we decide we want that client back for testing, I can create the client, and add it back to the CUA landscape screen and run SCUG.

If, however, we decide we won't be recreating that client in the future...

I would need to run the report, delete the cua child... and here is where I'm unclear. Do i need to run WE20 and BD64 in the central system before doing the actual client delete? And if so, do I need to do the steps at the client system for removing a child from CUA before I actually delete the DEV:700 client.

Hope this isn't too confusing...

Thanks

Laurie

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you open up the report in SA38 and see it's option you can easily understand the removal process of Inconsistencies as well as the CUA itself. When you want to remove a particular child system from the ALE Distribution Model then you just need to select the logical system name of that child system and run the report by selecting relevant option in the screen (unmark the Test mode also). This will simply remove the intended child system with all it's entries from the CUA landscape.

Please go through the below SAP Note for you convenience.

1398216 CUA|RSDELCUA: Cleaning up system-specific LAW tables

838452 USZBVSYS: deleting old entries for deleted users

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

first perform the deletion (scua or rsdelcua). Afterwards clean up bd64 and we20. You need to clean up we20 and bd64 in the removed child systems as well. If the child has become disconnected already in the past, it will note get the deletion information form the central system (reachability by rfc etc.). Then simply remove the whole stuff in the child with rsdelcua.(and bd64/we20).

RSDELCUA only removes the CUA relevant table entries, not the ALE stuff. Therefore we20/bd64 clean up is required to be performed seperately.

b.rgds, Bernhard