Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to cleanup the CUA entries

Hi all,

I'm in the process of doing some client cleanup prior to an upgrade project. I am also just learning about the CUA system so have been reading through the docs.

Our landscape:

UTL - Solution Manager and CUA (7 ehp1)

DEV - Development (ecc5)

QAS - Quality (ecc5)

PRD - Production (ecc5)

This was set up about 5 years ago during intial implementation, and little has been done to manage the CUA child entries to match up with client useage changes over that time. At this point, security uses CUA for some clients and local user admin for others. When I use t-code SCUA I get the message the "CUA definition is inconsistant, for repair see long text." And I beileve the issue it is complaiing about is there are child systems still defined in CUA that don't exist, or no longer have a connection.

I'm wanting to remove these old child systems, and will delete the actual clients where then exist after removing them from CUA.

What I'm not to clear on yet is what happens after I go through the steps on the central system

a. T-CODE SCUA

b. T-CODE WE20

c. T-CODE BD64

Since I'll be deleting the associated clients on the respective system, do I need to do the steps for deleting a CUA child on the local system as well? Then delete the client?

At some point I'll be adding the new CUA child entries for the actual/used clients as well. But I thought I'd go through the delete process first.

Any corrections or clarifications as to what I'm attempting to do will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question