Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for Characteristic Dependency

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We need to maintain the Characteristics & their dependency in each client as it is Master data. As per my knowledge we can use to create them through Mass upload like LSMW, BDC or BAPI. Since the data is very huge, is there any way to do.

When I was checking u201CBAPI_CHARACT_CREATEu201D , I couldnu2019t find there is option for Dependency upload. Is there any other BAPI for this.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Tyr with BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2. Put in characteristics values "X". You can get details of the characteristics values.

It may help you.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I don't want details of Char for that doc. type or class. I want to write dependecny values associated to char while creating char.

I hope my requirement is clear now.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Your requirement is staright forward. you do not need bapi for this. When you are creating the characteristic or after craetion goto extras in main menu and there is a option "Dependancy Editor". There you can write the dependancies for the characteristics. It's standard behaviour.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I do know thqat I can create dependency as u said. I want to create multiple char with dependency in single go. Thats what I mentioned early.

For that I am looking for BAPI.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

For each characteristic you need to assign dependancy separately and also if a charactistic is having multiple values, there also you need to assign dependancies separately. This is standrad behaviour.

As on date there is no BAPI or any other method to assign single dependacy to multiple characteristics or values at a time.

but this can be achived without using dependancy editor. Write a z-program for additional data so that only those fields can be displayed which are required after one single field( single characteristic). It will be out of dependancy editor and separate program. for this you may use function module BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I think there is some mis understanding in requirement. Let me explain clearly.

I have to create multiple chars. Each char is having char vlaues and dependency. I want to create each char as individual along with Char values and dependency.

I don't want to assign single dependacy to multiple characteristics or values at a time.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This requirement is then straight forward and can be achived in standard functionality only, why are you searching BAPI?

In CT04 when creating characteristics goto extras and object dependancy assignment and assign the dependacies for each characteristic or each value , both way you can assign. No need to use any BAPI for this. It's standard behaviour.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no BAPI for this function.

It is possible to transport characteristics, classes and

object dependencies through ALE .

If you should decide to use ALE/IDocs please keep in mind that you have

to send the data in the following sequence:

- KNOMAS, global dependencies

- CHRMAS, characteristics including global and local dependencies

- CLSMAS, classes with characteristics and its overwritings including

object dependencies

or else you can use BDC also, but you should record more items with page down function, so that you won't face problem while uploading.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take the help of ABAPer, create recording in SHDB with multiple line items,

Best option to use BDC for this