cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change root tag in graphical mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following problem: I implemented a graphical mapping, and now the customer decided to change the source structure, the root node will change. If I update the structure, I would loose all mapping information. I thought of exporting the mapping and manually replacing the relevant entries, but there are many text files which have refefences to the root tag. Not sure if this is a good idea.

I could add a first mapping which converts the input structure to the old format, and then the second mapping can remain the same. But this is not a very elegant solution, I would like to avoid that.

Is there a tool or workaround available to update the root tag and keep the mapping information ? PI 7.0

CSY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had luck, the mapping did not loose the information, because all nodes under the root remained the same. But the trick with the mapping template is good to know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do followoing:

1. Create Mapping Template Based on your current mapping

2. Modify your XSD, change root node name to new name

3. Force the new mapping to use the mapping template (since it is does not match root name)

4. Relocated your mapping by selecting new path.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

What kind of source do you use ? Message Type o xternal Ddefinition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using an external definition (customer idoc structure).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Did you use the root node to map with target structure?

Try this

If the case don't use this root to map by the moment in your mapping , then modify the XSD ,active and drag an drop the XSD on source mapping the map againg your root node with target if is the case. if not only change on root.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Christian.

You can create an XSLT mapping before the graphical mapping, this mapping will put old root tag and then the other structures. This way you won't lose your mapping

Regards,

Federico