cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Login Option in MDM Portal Integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have successfully integrated Enterprise Portal 7.1 with MDM 7.1 - all the different search criterias iViews are properly in place.

My client has come up with a new set of requirement which is stated as follows

Suppose User logs into Enterprise Portal in English language. Navigating through the Portal Content, he comes at MDM viewer where the MDM integration feature is incorporated. Before he starts seeing the repository records he will have to choose from available language options and click a button which in turn will lead him to the MDM iViews. So if he selects German then all the field captions and field contents (language dependent like defects description) will be displayed in German.

Till now I have used MDM Business Packages to implement the search and publish functionality of MDM with very little or not customization. Please advice on how should I go ahead with the scenario I have mentioned. Do I need to create a Web Dynpro Java Application and get it integrated with MDM. How much of language specific functionality does MDM Java API provides.

Please help

Regards.

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Kindly refer following link which may resolved your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

created different iViews for different languages - therefore solved

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you need to access MDM multilingual data at runtime with the option to maintain multilingual fields (all the supported languages in the same view), you can use the MDM Web Dynpro Components 7.1 SP5, where multilingual is supported.

This is supported with 'Item Details' WD component (where you can display/maintain record details).

Best regards,

Isam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for something more specific - like approach -

may be specific portions of Java WD API which will allow me to access multi lingual content of the MDM repository tables

Regards.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You want to give user an option to chose language at run time instead of inherit from personalization of portal users.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When configuring an MDM System Object, you have the option to select Language as Automatic or Fixed. If you select Automatic, the iViews connected to this system object are displayed in the language that is mentioned in the language property of user profile

under personalization link.

If you enter a specific language (fixed), then the MDM data is displayed in this selected language.

Thanks,

Sudhanhsu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below URL may hep you to get more insights

Rgds

Deep