cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost planing using excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

While doing cost planning in CJ40 it seems to be very time consuming process as there are many WBS in a single project. So is there any other way like :

I'll enter all the data in excel with respective WBS & upload it in CJ40.

Please give some feedback on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Parab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had same requirement. We used BDC for it. No standard is available.

Regards,

Harsh.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Request you to clarify basic logic of BDC which you have used for this kind of requirement in CJ40. I am having similar requirement and not getting any standard solution as well due to hierarchical structure of WBS if you insert Values via BDC even than system will check it whether lower level WBS is having higher than higher level like that and end up in error.

( If planing profile is based on overall and year specific than it will be more validation )

This all issue comes due to Hierarchical structure of WBS and validation inside CJ40 transaction and I doubt usability of BDC.

Reqeust you to clarify.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are uploading cost plan for level 3 and level 4 WBS elements.

I don't get any errors because of hierarchy, plus i don't understand the below statement;

> system will check it whether lower level WBS is having higher than higher level like that and end up in error.

lower level WBSE is having higher '?(what)' than higher level WBSE.

Regards,

Harsh.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean here, System will check it whether lower level WBS is having higher( Cost Planned ) than higher level WBS like. This type of erros normally you get when you use check funcationality of CJ40.

Hope I am more clear to you now.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always save it without checking, and

in my case we have to upload for 3,4 level WBSE only, so we need to save it without check.

What is your requirement?

Do you need to upload at all levels?

Are you facing error problem in uploading overall value?

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

We are still working on the same using BDC.

Prashant

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we need to upload at all the levels and structure is not unique pattern. It's not even as based on type of consulting user creates it. I have not tried BDC but I am skeptical about solution. I understand their requirement is check before save. Thanks for your information

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all levels and check before save, BDC will work fine even pattern won't matter, just make sure user enters correct WBSE code and material, quantity in excel. System will not give error on checking.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have Std. Excel upload functionality for Detailed planning(CJR2) not for CJ40. If you want it then use LSMW or BDC.