cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of custom field in shopping cart at item level- SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can someone pls. let me know the step by step procedure for adding a custom field in the shopping cart at item level?

How is the field displayed in the portal screen and the settings for the same??

Also is this field available for manipulation through Business add-ins like other standard fields.

For e.g. I need to use the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to populate this new field.

Will it be available there once created?

Thanks

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Here are the steps....

1. Create a Custom field in SRM and append it to SC table structures in SRM

2. Add this field to the Custom field config for meta data at Item level in IMG>SRM Server> Cross application basic settings> Extensionsand and field control> Configure field control --> Configure control of fields at item level

3. THen find the respective web dynpro application and component for the shopping cart portal UI screen where you want the field to appear. You can do this by right click on the screen area and then select More Field Help

4. Go to SE 80 and enhance the respective webdynpro view by adding the custom field to the Context of the VIew and then adding it to the layout of the view at respective location. After doing this create a binding between the layout field and the context.....

More information around ABAP UI Flexibility can be found at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=%22abapUIFlexibility%22

Regards

Virender Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I have recently successfully introduced on Rfx screen a custom field on Header ..

bt for item leve also its not difficult

Step 1.

Go to spro ..search with Custom field Item level

u should get on SPRO node as

Add Custom field at Item level..

Select your BO i.e. in u r case Shopping cart ..Standard include stuct will appear ...

In this Include ..make u r own include by adding u r custom field...

activate it

You also have to add u r include in same SPRO node under Add field to be stored in Database ...

Step 2.

Decide type ..Field should be editable or read only ...

Near last SPRO there is also node for this ..

Step 3. Meta Data handling

For this also there will node saying Handle meta data for custom field for header

Finally u should be able to see field on UI ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Ghayal ,

Do we need to enhance the webdynpro application once configuration done that you have mention?

If so, Please let me know how to enhance the webdynpro component.

Kindly share your experience.

Thanks.

Regards,

Magesh Basavaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

It is pretty komplex to describ with out being able to set in screen shots. But can be seen in the appendix from the educational mat. from SRM 210.

Once defined via structure in SE11 it can be attached in the img when doing as follows:

IMG: SRMSERVER - Cross app basic set- Extetions and field control - configure customer fields - define customer fields.

If yuo want I can send you a pdf of the appendix

Br Brian