cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Server - Can't get to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will prefice this by saying I am an ABAP developer with very little VB.Net experience. Basically I am trying to write an application that will be called from SAP, perform a routine and return some values back to SAP. In order to prepare for this I am trying to do the sample tutorial that came with the SAP .Net Connector documentation (called "How to Build a Simple RFC Server in .NET"). I have gotten to step 4 without many problems, but I am having trouble finding out where to put the "Command Line Arguments" in the "Set Logon Parameters for your SAP Server" step. If I go to "ConsoleApplication1" properties pages under "Configuration Properties" there is a place for command line arguments (it is under "Debug"). Is this where I am to put my arguments? When I run the console do these arguments get executed? Also, what is the best way to deploy this to the application server?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run the exe file from server, you have to pass those paramters in the command line only.

For Example:

C:\>ConsoleApplication1 -a<registerd name> -g<servername> -x<Gateway Service>

We have created a batch file (.BAT) with the above command line parameters. You should make sure that this exe file run always.

I have read somewhere, it says EXE file can be converted into windows services and deploy it. I have not used this. Let me know if you get this.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Govind this is a great start. I am still running into problems. When launch my executable (c:\temp\ConsoleApplication1.exe -aTest_App -gServer1 -xsapgw00) I get the following messages:

Create RFC Server SAPProxy1Impl Instance 0

Create RFC Server SAPProxy1Impl Instance 1

Create RFC Server SAPProxy1Impl Instance 2

Create RFC Server SAPProxy1Impl Instance 3

Start RFC Server SAPProxy1Impl instances

Then when I go to transaction SMGW to see if the program has registered itself I don't see it.

Any ideas?