cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday on route

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

My doubt is as mentioned below to process the route keeping holidays in consideration.

When we do delivery to customer based on route there is some time for transportation let say 2 days. But when holiday is on the route truck has to stop and delivery is late. How can i inform transport that they need +1 day for transport ?....

Thanks and Regards,

Tarpan Vadaliya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I suppose that your problem is related to the fact that when you create the delivery the date doesn't consider the calendar holidays of your shipping point.

I would advice you to check configuration of your route and the details of your plant.

The route determines the means of transport and the legs involved. It influences transportation scheduling.

A route can be determined for every order item. Determining the route in the sales order depends on the following factors:

 Country and departure zone of the shipping point

 Shipping condition from the sales order

 Transportation group from the material master record (Sales/Plant Data screen)

 Country and transportation zone of the ship-to party (Control screen in the customer master record)

In customizing you can define routes in: (E.g.) Sales & Distribution > Basic functions > Routes.

When you define a route you can specify Transit Duration, Transportation lead time and order paramaters.

When defining your shipping point in customizing ("Define Plant") you specify a Factory calendar.

In a factory calendar you may specify working days and non-working day.

Actually, the factory calendar is defined on the basis of a public holiday calendar.

In customizing you can maintain the definition of the factory calendar in: General Settings > Maintain Calendar

E.g.:

Monday through Friday are working days.

Saturday, Sunday are non-working days.

25th December is public holiday (non-working day).

31th December is public holiday (non-working day).

Configuring all these paramaters (Routes, Plant calendar, Route Determination, Customer Calendar), you may determine already at sales order entry level a (close to real) delivery date at customer location.

I hope this information can help you.

If you need more details about how to configure what mentioned above, I suggest you to check deeper in the SAP documentation available.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/dd/5607da545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/eb/fdeb47b535d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Regards,