Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization error in mbbs transaction

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

One of my user getting authorization error in mbbs transaction.

You have no authorization for this transaction in plant abc, wheras my project is for xyz plant,

The message number is M7120.

Can some one please tell me why it is asking for the authorization for plant abc, which is std. SAP and not configured to our comp code.

i have check this forum:

but i didnt get any clue

Regards,

ahs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the note.

This note will help if the user has the proper authorizations and still MBBS is not working.

1774847 - Error M7120 : Plant Authorization in MBBS

Regards

Pratik Agrawal

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS raised for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per the program (RM07MBWS) logic it checks all the entries in the table T001W, in which all the plants are stored. This programs checks the authorization for the entries available in the table T001W.

Your user may be having the authorization for one plant only. Which is maintained at the org level of the role.

In the role, for the object M_MSEG_WMB maintain activity Display WERKS (plant) to *. Since this is a Display transaction and you are not going to change the plant at org level of the role it doesn't effect any other transactions you can maintain the above values.

You can also enter the valuation area in the report selection for avoiding the error message from the end user side.

Please seek help from BASIS team for further information.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again try the txn. MBBS... then after the authorization error... Go to txn. SU53. and check which authorisation objects are missing.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

SU53 sometimes shows bad results. Try ST01. Trace components: Authorization chech, Error only, for user or transaction or program.

Regards.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the Praveen's last reply is self explanatory, however I can suggest you two options:-

1. Check for OSS notes

2. If this is not your production system, and just doing it for some development/testing/self learning purpose then go to SU24, enter the MBBS in transaction code, change the mode from display to change. and check for the object M_MSEG_WMB whether the proposal is turned yes or not. If it is "Yes" then change it to "No". Now I think it wont check for Plant authorization when you execute the transaction.