cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Hierarchy in OLAP Universe underlying SSAS Cube 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the OLAP universe from SSAS cube 2008 then the date field is converted into character object, when i change

manually the type from character to date and create the webi report, i got the error, "Driver is not capable". Due to this reason, I am not able to build the time hierarchy and interactive calendar in prompt pages.

We have BOE 3.1 SP3 and SSAS Cube 2008

have any idea how can i resolve this.

Thanks

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Sep 30, 2010 7:46 AM

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Sep 30, 2010 7:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a known limitation that is planned to be fixed in a next release.

So you cannot change the datatype of any OLAP dimension/hierarchy in an OLAP universes.

Regards,

Didier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Didier for reply.

I have to build the time hierarchy in webi report, can you please suggest any workaround.

Is it possible with MDX expressions? If it is possible with MDX expressions, can you please suggest some MDX expression to convert the character into date and on that date object we build the time hierarchy.

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a calculated MDX expression (that will be associated to the measures dimension) where you can turn the current member of your time dimension into date.

Here is a sample:

<EXPRESSION> CDate([Date].[Calendar].CurrentMember.MemberValue) </EXPRESSION>

You have to copy this MDX expression in the objecyt definition and then set the objects data type to date.

Replace [Date].[Calendar] by the hierarchy you want to use.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once again thank you very much for your reply.

Actually I am quite new with MDX. By following your comments I did the following steps

Create the Calculated member in SSAS cube like

[DATA ERROR FACT].[LOG DATE].CurrentMember.MemberValue

and copy the expression

<EXPRESSION> [DATA ERROR FACT].[LOG DATE].CurrentMember.MemberValue </EXPRESSION>

in the select part of [DATA ERROR FACT].[LOG DATE] object and change the data type from character to date .

When i create the webi reports by using [DATA ERROR FACT].[LOG DATE] and run the reprot i got the error.

An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

Have any idea. I am stuck with this.

Regards,

Tayyab

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Oct 1, 2010 4:41 AM

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Oct 1, 2010 4:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have someone idea, how to resovle my time hierarchy issue in universe.

Regards