cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change price of Catalog item in S.Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to change the price of a Catalog item in the SRM shopping cart ....am on SRM5, SP06 ECS...

Is this possible?

I know MDM catalog items come into SRM as non editable /grayed out with a Price already chosen....but we want to change it and add a surcharge.....

am not interested in Price Conditions coz they are at the PO level. I need my edited price and surcharge and total at shopping cart level so i can send shopping cart to the correct approver........

Currently investigating following options ..u2026u2026..

1. Perhaps maintain field price_changeable in BADi-Interface IF_EX_BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER in method ENRICH_ITEM_DATA. To edit the price!!

2. Reverse engineer Note 1449196 - Item Price revalidation during Shopping cart order process

3. Note 613686 - Price changeable after catalog data transfer....thanks muthu

Any ideas people!!

cheers

alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Clear the CATALOGID field in the ET_ITEM structure in BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER (or the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) badi. This will make it a freetext item again.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it is not a best practice to Edit the price of catalog item in SRM..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharath

I do understand your comment but this is the busines requirement that requires a change in Price for one specific Category...

cheers

alex

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bharat concern is correct . then REQUESTER take control.

since after approval PO will be created without BUYER intervention.

but Business wants this functionality ..to edit the price and consultant has to infor the impacts ..

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu/Bharat

Yes a consultnat must inform a client about impact of any design ....

then again the client requirement needs to be understood to develop a proper solution and whether its viable or not.

"alow user to modify price in shopping cart for catalog item" then apply 2 types of surchages (a % of the base price) to this item....

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin

greta idea ....my developer was already looking at this rabbit trail...i will let you know where it leads and the constraints we're haiving

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin

My developer said that the "Clear the CATALOGID field in the ET_ITEM structure in BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER " didnt work to make the field editable....

i will recheck if theres any further breakthrough with this

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

you also have to clear the field CATALOGITEM.

We did this coding in the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and also depending on a certain category.

And it worked fine!

But we also saved the fields before clearing in customer fields for later reporting.

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Its good to hear that I am not the only one that has tryied thisu2026Now just to get something clear so I can explain to my developer since am not a developer so I just want to confirm thisu2026

We need to Clear the CATALOGID field in the ET_ITEM structure in which BADi? (BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER) or in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

Did you do any coding like my price changeable coding in my other thread? u201C In form price_changable_ from include lbbp_sc_apf92u201Du2026.? How did you change your pirece to enater a new price u2026did you use a web dynpro?

Did you allow the requester to enter the new price in the shopping cart directlyu2026?

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

we did the following coding (I copied this from the documentation not from the original code)

Badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI Method BBP_SC_CHANGE

LOOP AT it_item INTO ls_item_e.
    if ls_item_e-catalogid is not initial and
       ls_item_e-category_id = 'yourcategory'.
       clear ls_item_e-catalogid.
       clear ls_item_e-catalogitem.
       MODIFY it_item FROM ls_item_e.
    endif.

ENDLOOP.

You have to clear both catalog fields.

I think to do this in the Badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER is also a good idea.

Afterwards the price field including price unit can be changed by the requester or/and from the purchaser. You have to do additional coding if changes are only allowed to certain people.

No need to change any ITS screen (SRM 5 has no web dynpros).

Hope this helps your developer.

Regards

Joe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Joe,

The above code was working fine, and rest of all the other fileds are also enabling. Can you please suggest how to restrict only for price filed.

Regards,

Charan M

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

l do remember Jason offered some custom note todo the same.

*Note 693175 - Making free items changeable*If you transfer items with a price of 0.00 from the catalog to the shopping cart, the price is not ready for input in the shopping cart.

Other terms

Pricing, e-procurement, zero price, shopping cart

Reason and Prerequisites

This is the standard system response as of EBP 3.5 Support Package 05 or Note 569275.

Solution

If you want to change the price after you transfer the item to the shopping cart, implement the attached correction instructions.

This consulting note was created for specific Support Package levels. The context parts may have changed. If you cannot use transaction SNOTE to implement this note automatically, you must find the context parts manually and use the Modification Assistant to adjust the source code manually. This is because separate correction instructions do not exist for each Support Package level.

Note 1386176 - Duplicate/Copy catalog item: Price editable

you need google well.

let me try if i have luck

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 30, 2010 12:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

If i understand this correctly

This note also applies to SRM5 sever 5.5

This note implies that you have to transfer a catalgo price of $Zero.

so even if I have a catalog price of lets say $80 ...I must alter this to send a price of $0 so that when it comes into SRM shopping cart it will be editable so i can change the price to whatever i want....

cheers

alex

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Be careful how you implement this as you could lead yourself into more than just technical problems, the standard functionality of the catalog scenario requires that the price field be non-editable as the data maintained is supposed to be maintained by the catalog vendor and should not be editable by the buyer, real life scenario we would all like to order a nice 3D TV online and change the price to $2.99 when we get to the shopping cart ordering phase but it is just not meant to work that way

Robin's suggestion earlier is a good one, to use the Badi to clear the CATALOGID, however, as a precaution I would code the Badi to ONLY do this for the specific category you mentioned, you could of course modify using the 'Making free items changeable' note a a reference just ignoring the part where the PRICE must be initial.

Just be careful how you go about this !

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason

thanks for your input.

My requirement if only for 1 category Temporary Servies (temp labor). My requirement is to change the price before its displayed in the Shpopping cart. We get Prices from suppliers but these are Max rates for eg a Sr.Java Dev = $ 90hr. Over and above this base rate we have to add 2 types of % surcharges. %markup =$9 and %burden =$13.5. Now we may call the supplier and say that our budget only allows of a person with a base rate of $83hr. Now the supplier agrees to reduce the rate form 90to 83. So we create a MDM catalog for this supplier and select the Sr.Java Dev = $ 90hr and transfer this info to SRM.

My hope is to intercept the catalog items ....I was hoping to maybe use a web dynpro for a user to edit the price information...

I am not a developer but my developer is looking at this code....this is one option I am investigating is :

In form price_changable_ from include lbbp_sc_apf92

look at the include code :

IF es_item-mode EQ gc_display OR

( es_item-rfq_ind EQ gc_yes AND es_item-price IS INITIAL ).

CLEAR: es_item-price_changeable.

ELSE.

IF NOT es_item-catalogid IS INITIAL OR

es_item-price_origin EQ c_price_origin_f OR

iv_scenario EQ c_sc_generic_soco OR

iv_scenario EQ c_sc_generic_history OR

iv_scenario EQ c_sc_generic_workload OR

( es_item-price NE es_item-gross_price AND

NOT es_item-price IS INITIAL ).

CLEAR: es_item-price_changeable.

ELSE.

es_item-price_changeable = gc_yes.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

hopefully it can help me achieve my intention of makeing the field editable .....

were alos thinlking of maintaing a Z table with the relationships of Supplier-skill set (jr, Inter, Sr)-state-price-

I also need to add 2 lines into the shopping cart to add my two surcharges. I hope to use BADI BBP_CUF_BADI_2 in method MODIFY_SCREEN...... for structure INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC.

I know that catalog prices arent menat to be altered...THAT i know fully. its just that most of the info our users originates form shopping from catalogs

Please let me know if the above looks okay

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

You should be able to achieve it through BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI. You can use this BADI to make the field editable.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

SG

My developer and I are looking into this...will let you know...