cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout Out Configuration for SAP Spend Analytics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are noticing a session timeout for the SAP Spend Analytics web client on the portal.

Does anyone know where to configure the time out parementer for Spend Analytics? It approximately times out after 30 mins.

Our current set up has Spend Analytics 2.01, EP7.01 and BI 7.

Let us now.

thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since answers have been provided and no subsequent questions have been raised, marking this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

SPM UI which is delivered through portal uses the standard portal inactivity timeout. So you will have to increase the portal time out for the application to wait longer before it times out of inactivity. But keep in mind that portal timeout will also affect all other application that are using this timeout.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the quick reply. There are a bunch of congfigurations for standard portal timeout as shown below.

SAP Portal Logon Ticket - 8 hrs

Web Dynpro Timeout - for webdynpro appliations

I also check RZ10 for rdisp/j2ee_timeout = 600, not sure if the SPM app is taking this one and it seems to last for almost 30 mins.

We have other apps running on the portal, but they dont timeout like spend analytics. I believe it is hard coded into the spend analytics app, or if you can let us know which of the above values the app it taking into count for time out.

thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Portal log on ticket is used for different purpose, don't think this is being used in case of SPM. Neither is web dynpro application timeout being used. Also I think if no portal session timeout is explicitly set, the default is 30 minutes (you might have to confirm this in portal documentation).

The steps to change the portal session timeout setting are documented in OSS note [1044258 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1044258] .

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

We tried to make the settings as per note 1044258 but could not find the "irj" node as mentioned in the note, this note seems to be an old one. Instead we found another place where the session time out property was "30", we tried changing that to 5 mins for testing purpose, but this dint help as well (In the "Web Container" on the visual admin tool, there is a session timeout property).

Any other place we could look at for his one. The error message we get after time out seems to be coming from the Flex app for spend analytics. Can you check with the developement team as which place is being checked for the timeout parameter before launching the time out pop up.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The note seems like its applicable for 7.0 portal. This is a portal setting, did you check to see if portal is behaving as expected first. Meaning is your portal session also getting disconnected after 30 min. And is your portal session timed out sooner after making the changes in Visual Admin. If not seem to me like you need to get a portal administrator who know which parameter to change in order to set/change the portal inactivity time out.

As far as I can remember SPM does not have its own inactivity timeout and it uses the portal parameter to disconnect any inactive sessions.

Regards,

Rohit