cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing access sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question on pricing access sequence, as we use mostly one sales org / distribution for our sales order even thorugh we have so many other sales org configured. What would be the best practise to maintain access sequence, do we always need to add sales org / dist chnl in access sequence along with other key fields like customer etc.

Ex -

Condition type 1 -

Sales org / dist chnl/ customer/material

condition type 2 -

Sales org / dist chnl/plant

Would the above be good practice or should we do as below

Condition type 1 -

customer/material

condition type 2 -

plant

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

It depends upon how the product pricing is defined in the organization. Suppose we have different sales organizations based on geography for e.g. Asia pacific ,americas ,Europe etc and same product is priced differently according to market scenario and currency differences then you need sales org in access sequence.

If the same product is priced differently for different dist.channel such as say for a pharma co hospital sales and retail sales will have different pricing for the same product in these 2 dist.channels .In this case acc seq should use dist.channel.

The use of sales org and dist channel also minimizes efforts and volume of data entry for pricing conditions.

If you go only for say customer and material combination which is most specific and product line is consumbales or say hotel supplies ,then think about the volume of data entry .Maintaining and updating will be a mamoth task.

So consider all these factors and then decide abt pricing.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct we need to maintain record at more generic level to reduce data maintenance, but my cleint is already asking to maintain record at customer or plant level, so we are any way having customer plant combination in records. The question is do we still need to consider slaes org / dist in access sequence even though we are maintaining record at customer and plant level. (Organisation using mostly one sales org / dist)

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

Same customer can be available in Different SALES AREA level, and might be the price of product will change based on Sales Area, anyhow as you are having multiple sales org and you are using only one then FOR THE TIME BEING you can neglate SALES ORG / Dist. Channel from your access sequence.

But keeping Future in mind (lets consider client might use other Sales Org. in future) it will be better if you maintain access sequence using SALES ORG / Dist. Channel along with Customer and Plant

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear NikiSony,

When you refer Customer / Plant , I hope its Customer / Plant & Material? is my understanding right?

Are you using this access sequence in Price Conditions or Discount Conditions.

Again the key combination always depends on business strategy.

if its about price access seq--

Customer - Plant - Material- you can very well consider & but remember this prices applicable to all sales organization & channels you sale from. ( Because, each sales is identified under single Sales area).

• Still it all depends on business, how they want to maintain. if the said combination meets all their conditions, then no problem, you dont need to consider Sales Org / Dist Channel. ( this combination is required, only when you operate your sales from multiple sales org & Dist channel by offering various prices / discount conditions)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NikiSony

See the combinations for access sequence all depends on your business requirements. Since all your Sales is done through only one sales organisation and only one distribution channel , currently you can go for just key combination of custiomer and material . But then this would be applicable accross all Sales org and other common parameters.

Also do consider the load the system would take to find the records by searching against all Sales org.

For the time being it would work but incase in future your business operates from some other sales area also then you need to add Sales Org to your Key combination for access sequence.

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi niky Sony

best way you should be used customer / material / division combination ( Table 613) because if you have update different rate for same material then you can update in division wise. for example in my client sale same material as regular & spare parts & different rate for both material type.

in this case we have update division wise rate.

Regards

BKGAIKWAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for pool of ideas, basicaly I wanted to make sure there is no technical or master data maintenance issue, I mean it would not be a load to system for maintaining again and again sales org/ dist even though not required as per business need.