Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS problems with web service

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have dificulties to create an OVS for the airlineid described in the tutorial provided by SAP.

Instead of calling the BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST, I am calling its web service. So, no dictionary is created.

Can someone help with that issue. ?

Is it even possible to create an OVS using a web service ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Message was edited by: David Fryda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the generic OVS valuhelp service uses the simple type information of context attributes to populate the OVS UI with label and column header texts. Without this type infos the OVS UI is only a skeleton.

To use the OVS service in combination with a Web Service you must manually define simple data types (with displaytext, field lable properties set) in the local Java Dictionary of your project. Type the context attributes of your OVS helper context nodes with these simple types.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Actually, there are two types of OVC value help -- one for ICMIQuery and second for context nodes.

Both requires dicitonary metadata, however it is just half of problem. Second part is that WebService is not Generic CMI Model, so you have no ICMIQuery per operation.

What you can do is either

a). Add necessary metadata to context attributes dynamically, and use OVS over context node (almost the same as with OVS tutorial on SDN, sure, except for dynamic attributes modification).

b) Try to wrap WS into ICMIQuery, it is possible: see my blog post <a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/15/ovs-reloaded">OVS, Reloaded</a> as example. This is more hard way, but you get reusable functionality that you can apply in several controllers/components.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your explanations.

Regards.

Answers (0)