cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code conversion error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to load data from flat file to SPM . The master data is having some German letters like Ä é. Although by default German and English is enabled, we are still getting error while loading these characters into SPM. When checked in the background it was seen that code conversion error is occuring while converting from code page 4100 to 4103. When I debugged it was found that while executing read dataset for that particular record only, error is thrown.The function module where it is throwing error is OPM_DM_UPLOAD_FILE being a flat file.

PLease help!

Regards,

Asha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

There are multiple setting that need to be looked at when loading non english characters. Please make sure you have the following taken care off:

- Make sure your file is able to store these non english characters (some time multi-byte charcters). Typically I have seen file type UTF-8 works, you can try others as well.

- Make sure you system can accept these characters, meaning check to see if you BW system is unicode or non-unicode

- Make sure you set the BW system to accept these special characters as safe to be loaded. Typically this is set in transaction RSKC. There are some special phrases (ALL_CAPITAL or ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX) that can be used here, which is documented in OSS note [1075403|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1075403]

If all of this still does not work, please open up a message.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Ya.. Our system is Unicode version only and I did try including those in RSKC transaction . I tried usin ALL_CAPITAL also apart from including that special character alone in the RSKC .But still it is throwing the same error!

Can you think of any other possibilities?

Regards,

Asha Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha

Have you also tried ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX option.

I am sure you know, but just to be clear, in RSKC when you use ALL_CAPITAL or ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX (one of the two), you cannot have any other special character with it, it can onlybe one of the two.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Basically the file we download from ECC was encoded in ANSI. I saved it as a .txt file and changed the encoding type to UTF8. Then saved it as .csv and uploaded.

Regards,

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been solved .

Regards,

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha

It would be great if you can provide the details of how exactly you resolved the issue, so that others in the SPM community can benefit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha

Not quite sure whats going on. Havent seen this issue before. And I have seen the product run German i18n before.

Its not possible to debug this over SDN, so if this is a implementation related issue, pls file an OSS message.

Regards

Rajesh