cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking Services - Delete Account

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to get rid of accounts in Banking Services Loans Management and Deposits Management?

I understand that there is no "standard" way to do it because in productive systems this would be dangerous, accounts should be closed.

This is not a productive system, but for a demo. The demo business partner should have just one account, not several that were created by accident during testing. I want them to not show up in the Total Commitment or when searching for accounts of this BP with the value help.

Is there e.g. a report or function that could be executed by someone with administrative authorizations to delete the erroneous accounts or at least hide them from Total Commitment and search?

Or can I just delete the account from a table? But this would likely leave dead things over in other tables. (There are however not transactions on this account, they are in status "not used yet").

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Monika,

BCA_OR_TOC will trigger the Account Closure and that should be released to finish the Order.

I am not sure how it was defined in your system, please check the Order itself that it is in what status.

Just to tell you one more note.

While you are closing accounts, you make sure the accounts are given write-off to make the balance Zero in case if this is kind of a force closure.

Programatically you can use this Function Module to close accounts

BAPI_BCA_TOC_CREATE_ACTIVATE followed by BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to the following 2 option:

Option 1) Run change account holder order. as you know total commitment is on BP level. you can create special BP and assign account holder role. change original accout hold to new one. this account will dont display in the orginal BP total commiment.

Option 2) close this account first and archive this account.

Edited by: Jun Wang on Dec 1, 2010 2:49 PM

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks, that both sounds like a really good idea.

I tried closing an account with BCA_OR_TOC. The status still says active, isn't that supposed to change?

I can't find how to archive the account, can you give me a hint?

Thanks a lot,

Monika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A possibility is to have a client approach to functional testing, and then perform a client copy from a "golden BP master" to reset the prototyping and testing junk.

If it is "only" about the value help then consider restricting other fields (e.g. using a different "type" or naming convention for locally created test accounts) and intuitive reporting should give you an option for entries which are of no information value.

This generally works in other areas of SAP so you might want to consider it after a clean-up...

Cheers,

Julius

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We do have separate clients. Additionally we run the server in a virtual machine and return to a snapshot to get rid of test data. But it has happened that people unintentionally or due to misunderstanding created accounts in the master client at a time when content development took place so that returning to the VM snapshot was not possible. It will probably happen again. It would be nice to be able to delete such accidents.

We have also once done a client copy with copying only customizing and no master data. The follow-up steps to get the system working again afterwards are quite lengthy. In Banking Services the conditions are master data, so these are lost. All the end points of web services are apparently considered transactional data and need to be re-created manually. Besides Banking Services there is CRM, in which not only the conditions, but also the products are master data and need to be re-created manually (I have posted in the CRM master data forum to ask for ways to transport or copy CRM products, but there does not seem to be any standard way). CRM also loses the middleware subscriptions during this type of client copy ... they are that time-consuming to set up (not as disastrous as those web service end points), but easily overlooked. So a customizing-only client copy is definitely not something I would want to go into if it can be avoided.