cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with pdf display downloaded from application server

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with displaying pdf downloaded from application server (saved in BINARY MODE).

I am getting the pdf output of adobe form in FPFORMOUTPUT-PDF as rawstring back to my program and then converting that rawstring into binary form using the function module SCMS_BINARY_TO_STRING.

Now, when I export the data to presentation server directly using cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download, the pdf is downloaded properly.

However, when I save the data to application server file by looping at the internal table obtained from SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY and using TRANSFER, and subsequently downloading the file in "unconverted format" from AL11 to my desktop, I am getting a "blank" pdf file (with the same number of pages as the one downloaded using gui_download).

I have tried different encodings during download but in those cases i get corrupted pdf message. only the default option of INTIAL value seems to work.

I am forced to believe that there is a problem in my code which saves the data to app server but I cant find any solution that is logical. Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sasi

Edited by: Sasi Upadrasta on Sep 29, 2010 7:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

used a program to read the file from appl server and then downloading it to desktop.

0 Kudos

Hi Sasi Kiran,

Did your problem resolved?

If resolved can you please share the program as mine is the same case.

Regards,

Khaja Miyamdad.