cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot is not skipped for one vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i made GR for one Material with Vendor A, inspection lot created with SKIP lot staus and the inspection severity is 0. But when i made GR for same Material with Vendor B, inspection lot created with out SKIP lot status and severity is 4.

May i know how this is picking up and what should i change for Vendor B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well its simple assign the Vendor in the "Material assignment " of the task list header.(Probably to same task list of vendor A")

Also make sure that You have not rejected the lot of vendor B prior to this lot ( as per logic & stages given in the DMR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned the vendor in Tast List Material Assignment but still it is the same for vendor B and i never rejected any lot for this vendor.

Is there any other settings needs to be done?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You indicated that you have are doing the DMR by vendor. That means that EACH vendor has their own record in QDL2. As a result you must successfully inspect a lot for each different vendor before that vendor starts getting skip lots. It sounds like the system is working just as you have it set up.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per above threads, it is clear that

u have mantained only 1 inspection plan for vendor A and B, same DMR is applicable to both the vendors.

see each DMR has initial stage is which number of skip or inspection are mentioned.

check in ur DMR how many inspections are mentained.

each material will go through that many inspections, if all the inspections are accepted then it will move to skip stage.

then check for material B whether these many inspections are over and all inspection lots are accepted.

if yes then next stage should be skip.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

DMR can function either based on the material or the material - vendor combination. It is decided by the Dynamic Modification criteria yoy maintain in the inspection plan header.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

But my question is how it is working for Vendor A and not for Vendor B. Is there any setting i have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the inspection plan header of material.What is "Dynamic modification level"?And below this, under tab "dynamic modification criteria" you can find 1 field "vendor"; is it ticked?

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

But my question again is how it is working for Vendor A and not for Vendor B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must be 2 different task lists for two vendors with 2 different group counters.Check header of both the task lists.For 1 DMR is maintained and for other it will not be.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is only one Task list for that material which is picking up for all vendors.